Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

P1133..O2's not switching?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1133..O2's not switching?

I know little ab this..goes from open loop to closed loop maybe?..well my afr's have been going lean for some reason and I couldnt figure it out..I checked everything i know to check..but the p1133 is the code it threw..and idea's on a fix?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

anybody know anything with this?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are switching...just lazy. It's due to the exhaust stream not being hot enough. YOu either have a leak before the sensor or recently put headers on. Headers let a ton of heat off of them and thus creating a lower temp exhaust stream. Check for leaks. If it is only one sensor, switch the sensors around to see if the problem follows the sensor.

Honestly, switch codes usually end up getting heater codes too, so it may be...rarely...a bad sensor.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you....I need one other small question answered if possible...I did have an exhaust leak but i have everything fixed now...but when it was going lean the only way we knew to make it safe was to rematch the af ratio's back to normal..(just to be safe while driving)..should we put the tune we had in it back in or stay with the one with more fuel?...were af ratio's right or just showing lean?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

imo i would completely re-tune it.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Launching!

well this happen to my camaro and i spoke with everyone on ls1tech but finally one guy out of all them set me straight. From all the suggestion from buying new ones to cutting the shaft where the 02 sensor go he said. Just get it tune out when u have LT just like the 1st guy responded there not enough heat. He says there not much of a problem anyway if the error isnt p1053 then ull be fine. Dont spend hundreds trying to fix it not worth it
Old 05-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

So the truck started running pretty lean under normal driving and under WOT..and it throws the P1133 code...So we just adjusted the tune to make it safe to drive for now..and your telling me that i should just leave the tune how it is now?...All I did was just mask the problem, i didnt fix it..i need to know how to fix it lol
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

header wrap might help if, the heat is the problem. that way it keeps the heat in the primaries instead of dissipating into the atmosphere. did you swap the o2 sensors from bank to bank? if not, i would try that first.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cccharged
So the truck started running pretty lean under normal driving and under WOT..and it throws the P1133 code...So we just adjusted the tune to make it safe to drive for now..and your telling me that i should just leave the tune how it is now?...All I did was just mask the problem, i didnt fix it..i need to know how to fix it lol

That's 2 possible separate problems. Have you switched sensors around yet to see if the code follows the sensor? Going to the rear sensors is easier said than done as they probably have different harness clips. But swap left to right for sure.

As far as your tune going lean. Put up a scan log for us to look at. I have a hundred questions that one of us could kill just by looking at a scan. What are you stft's of each bank? ltft's? each bank? THEN, do another scan when you swap sensors left to right. (assuming you have software sense you are making it safe)

Ofcourse, the disclaimer in all of this is, if you have a leak in your intake after the MAF or exhaust...all bets are off. You would "probably" hear an exhaust leak, but be sure you don't have unmetered air getting into your system. The MAF needs to see ALL of the air or the PCM will make adjustments because the o2's are showing leaner than expected (expected=MAF).
Old 05-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
header wrap might help if, the heat is the problem. that way it keeps the heat in the primaries instead of dissipating into the atmosphere. did you swap the o2 sensors from bank to bank? if not, i would try that first.
That wont work lol heres the bestg and only suggestion if you have headers there is no ay to fix this problem you can try everything. Buying new ones
heater wrap most of that crap aint gonna work.

Quick Reply: P1133..O2's not switching?