Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

P0984 transmission component slipping code

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0984 transmission component slipping code

Ok long story short i rebuilt my 4l80e with new frictions, steels, seals , bushings .. all work great all gears work with the exception of my overdrive . I used a torque converter that i purchased with the tranny so not sure if it ever worked but it looked decent so i used it 🤷‍♂️Well i checked all wirings and saw that all wires were working ex: 12 volts going to the tcc solenoid and once the brake is pressed it will release the curcuit meaing it should release the torque converted .... any way i turned the ignition on and hooked up my hptuners and i can hear the tcc click when i command it with the hp tuners but of course it doesnt lock it up. I can drive around town with no issues and no lock up but once i get on the highway 50+ itll throw this code and itll start to shift very hard at least until i turn the truck off and on again any thoughts on what could be the issue ? Ive heard possible torque converter is bad and or the tcc is bad. This is a 2007 4l80e tranny and my engine is a 6.0 2004 im wondering if the sensors in the tranny are compatible 🤔 or not i know the epc force pressure selenoid connection was different instead of the two prong connectiom this 2007 tranny had a different connector than my 2002 tranny not sure if that would make adifference any help will be appreciate oh by the way i have it on a stock tune and i have the hd2 shift kit as well as the sonnax pressure regulator valve as well