Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

P 0300 code

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
It very well could be the cam - it is common to need misfire tables tuned because they throw P0300 during low rpm with a cam. If it doesn't have any misfire codes coming in for specific cylinders, and it runs well with no apparent miss, that would be my guess...
Im starting to think its in the tune too.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Truckshop
It needs to be tuned for the setup. Also
Needs a crank relearn. After that your p0300 will be gone.
Whats a crank a relearn?
Old 06-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 BLKTAHOE
The run down... I just put an lq4 block with a turbo, comp cam xr265, #60 injectors in my truck. Its throwing a code p 0300 multiple misfire. I changed out the plugs, coil packs and spark plugs. The plugs are tr6 4177 gapped to 29. I did have it tuned on the previous 5.3 and turbo and was told that the tune would very close. Is it possible the tune?
First of all you should have it re-tuned ANY Time you change the engine size. There are specific tables in there that affect your fueling based on what it thinks the engine size is.

If that doesn't fix it the we will need more info on your set up.

Was this cam in your old 5.3? are you using the correct springs and if they were used did you have them tested to see if there still good???

Are the springs installed at the correct height???

Originally Posted by zx6rspeedfreak
I'm having kind of the same issue. When should the crank relearn be used
Any time you change the engine or swap parts that could affect the way it runs, it would be a good idea to perform a crank relearn. This procedure allows the engine to sync the cam and crank sensors readings and find it's range throughout the RPM range.

It still needs to fall within a specified range so if you still have a misfire condition after that then there is a mechanical problem.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Launching!

My tuner told me that I would be surprised in how close the tune would be with the new motor. How do I do a crank relearn? Is it something I can do with hp software? I bought the engine from somebody that had it built from a machine shop. Th build list said it had comp valve springs im nit sure on the spring height?

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
First of all you should have it re-tuned ANY Time you change the engine size. There are specific tables in there that affect your fueling based on what it thinks the engine size is.

If that doesn't fix it the we will need more info on your set up.

Was this cam in your old 5.3? are you using the correct springs and if they were used did you have them tested to see if there still good???

Are the springs installed at the correct height???

Any time you change the engine or swap parts that could affect the way it runs, it would be a good idea to perform a crank relearn. This procedure allows the engine to sync the cam and crank sensors readings and find it's range throughout the RPM range.

It still needs to fall within a specified range so if you still have a misfire condition after that then there is a mechanical problem.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Launching!

I did some research and from what I've read a crank case relearn is called a case learn on hptuners? But im confused because it says to do one if it throughs a code for it but its only thrown a p0300 multiple missfire code.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Anybody know how to perform a case relearn? I found a video on youtube but it doesn't go into any detail.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Alright what am I doing wrong? Im trying to do a case learn and when it tells me to rev up tell fuel shut so I start to rev up but then it says that the revs are to high?

Please help?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Launching!

There's nobody on here with all the cam and engine swaps that hasn't done a case relearn? I think it isn't working for me because in order to do a case relearn you need to push on the gas pedal in tell it hits tbe rev limiter and the fuel shuts off right? I changed the rev limiter to 5g's but it doesn't shut off the fuel.

I'm thinking I can flash my stock tune which would have the stock fuel and rev limiter cut off and then do a case relearn? If I did could I then flash back to the upgraded tune and it would still remember the case relearn?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

You can't do a case relearn if there are any other codes present - you have to get rid of the P0300 first. Contrary to what was said above, a P0300 is not fixed by a case relearn... As I told you way back in the beginning, you have to get it tuned for the cam - the misfire tables need to be worked to get rid of the P0300. You said it did not have the cam in the 5.3L - so, it was never tuned for the cam, right? If that is the case, that is your problem!

and BTW - the case relearn does not use the rev limiter - it cuts fuel seperately from the rev limiter, so it doesn't matter where you have that set...
Old 07-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Alright its in the tune no need for a case relearn. One more question the plugs im running are Tr6 4177 gapped to 29. My tunner and another shop both told me to run these. My question is I had somebody tell me that I need to gap the plugs to 57-58 and that would solve my problem, whats y'alls thoughts?

Anybody have any advice how where to start on the missfire tables?

Thanks

a
Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
You can't do a case relearn if there are any other codes present - you have to get rid of the P0300 first. Contrary to what was said above, a P0300 is not fixed by a case relearn... As I told you way back in the beginning, you have to get it tuned for the cam - the misfire tables need to be worked to get rid of the P0300. You said it did not have the cam in the 5.3L - so, it was never tuned for the cam, right? If that is the case, that is your problem!

and BTW - the case relearn does not use the rev limiter - it cuts fuel seperately from the rev limiter, so it doesn't matter where you have that set...

Quick Reply: P 0300 code