Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Ordered EFI Live last night

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered EFI Live last night

Should be in friday or saturday. I can't wait. I've never tried tuning before but I have a good feeling. I hope this works as good as everyone says. The new setup is hard to keep running on the old 5.3 tune! Big thanks to Jesse at Wait 4 Me. Awesome service.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

EFI Flashscan & Live, great choice.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:40 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Why did you decide on EFI live over HPtuners?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youll love EFI man. Its not a big pain to learn. The search function is a big time help if you are looking for a certain parameter to change. If you have a wideband you can use auto-tune!! Friend decided to go SD and used auto-tune on his heads/cam LS6 and worked pretty dam well. Got his car to start and idle with little to no effort at all. If you are gonna tune SD at all, I would not TOUCH HPT. Not near as easy to set it up at all. Plus the graphs suck too.

If you so desire, you can upload custom OS's to the PCM with EFILive.

Nonetheless you will be happy with it. I am for sure.

Last edited by 99Silver5.3; 12-02-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got EFI V7 scan only right now, but looking to upgrading to flashscan in the near future. Can't wait for some results!

Also, I really like the idea of the autotune.

Last edited by 1TRUESS; 12-02-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Matt, Like I said, I new at self tuning so I don't know much about hpt or efi. I was wanting hptuner, but started talking to someone about efi and made the decision. Kinda glad I did bc I hear nothing but good things about it. I just can't wait to try it out. I know I can pull a couple tenths outta this animal.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I too was thinking about getting HPT to start with, cuz that's what I heard about mostly on these sites. Then I stared really researching it and I found I though I would be happier with EFILive, so I got it. And having Jesse to help me when I get stuck with something has really been worth it. One of the biggest things that turned me off from HPT was then way the HPT owner/developers always get into a pissin match over on Tech in every thread comparing the 2 products and then they get locked. I don't see the Live guys doing that, they seem more willing to help you then aggresivly defending there product. I also liked to be able to do black box logging and all the free custom os and 2bar stuff since I'm boosteds. I don't do a lot of tuning of other people stuff but its nice to be able to tune on anything else I want to for only $99, it doesn't mater what year it is. I don't have to shell out another 200-300 bucks to help out a buddy, just cuz I didn't have that year's licence. Anyway, that's why I when with EFILive. I'm VERY happy with it!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:15 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Is EFI live vin locked, or year locked? I was thinking you could only tune one specific vehicle vs one year model.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by white1
Is EFI live vin locked, or year locked? I was thinking you could only tune one specific vehicle vs one year model.
VIN locked just like Edit. And there is a reason for that. HPT used the tuning of multiple vehicles of the same year to get people foaming at the mouth over their tuning suite IMO. But sometimes there is just a tad bit more to it than being able to tune half of the trucks in your town.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
VIN locked just like Edit. And there is a reason for that. HPT used the tuning of multiple vehicles of the same year to get people foaming at the mouth over their tuning suite IMO. But sometimes there is just a tad bit more to it than being able to tune half of the trucks in your town.
Actually, I may be mistaking, but I think is PCM locked. You can change the vin on the pcm to what ever you want, but I think it will only tune the PCM it is locked to. So if I'm correct, I could take my PCM and put it in another truck and change it to that trucks VIN and tune it and not need to pay for another licence.

Quick Reply: Ordered EFI Live last night