Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Need some feedabck on Nelsons

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nelson the best. No tranny issues like other cheap tuners are having.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good luck with Allen here too, never an issue of any kind that was not handled immediately! Went through 7 tunes as I upgraded last year and never heard a complaint from him. My hats off to Allen once again.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nelson tune here
Old 04-13-2006, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
Very good luck with Allen here too, never an issue of any kind that was not handled immediately! Went through 7 tunes as I upgraded last year and never heard a complaint from him. My hats off to Allen once again.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
I'm not biased by any means but this thread is just going to attract pro Nelson users. Your best bet is to search other Tuner's results and make your own determination. Maybe start a different thread requesting feedback from the other tuners as well vice just Nelson. But JMHO, take it for what it's worth.
You may be right about all the pro-Nelson guys coming out of the wood work from the question he posted. There's is nothing at all wrong with his tunes. If I were you, I would have at least advised him to just place a Poll and then he can choose the majority voted custom tuner.

Jim
Old 04-13-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

Those with Nelson, what do you guys do when you have to take your truck into the dealer for warranty work, in which they would have to scan with the tech 2 or reprogram with any new updates for any reason. You guys have a spare stock tuned PCM you swap in or those with HPTuners just swap back to a stock tune file.......Just curious what the options are with this as this is really the only thing keeping me from jumping on the Nelson bandwagon......
Old 04-13-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8
Those with Nelson, what do you guys do when you have to take your truck into the dealer for warranty work, in which they would have to scan with the tech 2 or reprogram with any new updates for any reason. You guys have a spare stock tuned PCM you swap in or those with HPTuners just swap back to a stock tune file.......Just curious what the options are with this as this is really the only thing keeping me from jumping on the Nelson bandwagon......
I always tell my service advisor to not let them reflash my PCM unless it is totally needed. I let my dealership know that I have a custom program in it for gas mileage purposes. They do not frown at that reason at all.
My dealership works with me rather than complain to me.
If you just talk to them, they will understand.
Anyways, even if they did have to reflash your pcm, Allen Nelson will just retune your pcm for free after you purchase the initial tune from him.
All retunes are free for the life of the truck he tunes.

Jim
Old 04-13-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
You may be right about all the pro-Nelson guys coming out of the wood work from the question he posted. There's is nothing at all wrong with his tunes. If I were you, I would have at least advised him to just place a Poll and then he can choose the majority voted custom tuner.

Jim
I never said there was something wrong with his tunes. As far as advice, I told him what I thought would give him more feedback on other tuners. If he wanted a poll he would have made that thread to begin with. It's obvious that Nelson has the mojority, but I'm assuming he would like more specific reasons why not just a "vote".

I'm not against anyone here, just here to help those however I can.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:24 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of us knw there is nothing wrong with hs tunes,Allens tunes are one of the best out there period.
Nelson here also of course!Allen is the man.I promise you will not regret at all that you did it,just try it and you will know what us nelson guys are talking about.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Wink

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
I never said there was something wrong with his tunes. As far as advice, I told him what I thought would give him more feedback on other tuners. If he wanted a poll he would have made that thread to begin with. It's obvious that Nelson has the mojority, but I'm assuming he would like more specific reasons why not just a "vote".

I'm not against anyone here, just here to help those however I can.
No argument intended. Was just stating that to eliminate an opinion on one tuner, so he could have posted a poll on three or more of the hottest tuners to get fair feed back on other tuners.

Jim

Quick Reply: Need some feedabck on Nelsons