Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Knock knock.... who's there? KR

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
jim change that filter to stock. (4.7) And get some scans.

your on your own with the trans questions.
Agreed,
i am going to change to 4.70 and rescan. Just wanted to see if anyone knew if my setting was more or less sensitive than stock. As far as the tranny stuff, i was just seeping thoughts. I dont expect for anyone to really know those questions. I figure there are not a whole hell of alot of people with the 8.1L/Allison with EFILive doing any custom tunes or logging. If they are, they either have not got any further than me or they aren't talking....LOL. I have come to grips that alot of this stuff is going to be trial and error for me, but it never hurts to ask first i suppose. I am just not knoweldgeable enough with EFILive to feel comfortable changing stuff without really knowing what it is first.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:46 AM
TECH Addict

I found a place close by that sells CAM2 unleaded. Can i use that or is that to high of an octane?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

perfect...i believe it's 110 octane.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Agreed,
i am going to change to 4.70 and rescan. Just wanted to see if anyone knew if my setting was more or less sensitive than stock. As far as the tranny stuff, i was just seeping thoughts. I dont expect for anyone to really know those questions. I figure there are not a whole hell of alot of people with the 8.1L/Allison with EFILive doing any custom tunes or logging. If they are, they either have not got any further than me or they aren't talking....LOL. I have come to grips that alot of this stuff is going to be trial and error for me, but it never hurts to ask first i suppose. I am just not knoweldgeable enough with EFILive to feel comfortable changing stuff without really knowing what it is first.
Have you PM'd Paul or Ross (EFI Live creators) regarding the Knock Frequency Filter?

Seeing as how ALL other trucks have 4.7, I see no reason for yours to be different, give it a try and let me know.

Justin
Old 09-26-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Have you PM'd Paul or Ross (EFI Live creators) regarding the Knock Frequency Filter?

Seeing as how ALL other trucks have 4.7, I see no reason for yours to be different, give it a try and let me know.

Justin
different block
Old 09-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
different block
I don't think that would be the case, as why would his 03 be different than both an 02 and 04?

I've checked both Iron and Aluminum block tunes, all different years and sizes, and haven't found anything but 4.7 as the filter value.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

One thing you might think about trying that was a problem for me, is I used to get a lot of KR when it when going from vac to boost. I read on EFILives forum that setting all the engine torque management values to max would fix this. I tried it and it seemed to work. Something to try anyway if you haven't allready tried it.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Hello Dave

Jimmie, when you open up B6227 on your tune, does it pop up with a "List index out of bounds" error? Any changes I try to make to your 7.9 value don't take...

Justin
Old 09-26-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Jimmie, when you open up B6227 on your tune, does it pop up with a "List index out of bounds" error? Any changes I try to make to your 7.9 value don't take...

Justin
Justin, i have not written it to the PCM yet, but it saved fine for me. What i did was highlighted all the values and put a "-1" in the "adjust" box, then hit the "+/-" button and it worked fine. Whats wierd about that table is when you increment by "one" it doesnt actually increment the data by "one unit". When you "+1" to the data, it actually just steps up to the next available option.

if it was set on 7.90 and you "-1", it wont go to 6.90...it will actually go to 4.70. If i "-2" it would go to 2.50. Very odd, but i got it to save without errors. I will Email the file to you.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Justin, i have not written it to the PCM yet, but it saved fine for me. What i did was highlighted all the values and put a "-1" in the "adjust" box, then hit the "+/-" button and it worked fine. Whats wierd about that table is when you increment by "one" it doesnt actually increment the data by "one unit". When you "+1" to the data, it actually just steps up to the next available option.

if it was set on 7.90 and you "-1", it wont go to 6.90...it will actually go to 4.70. If i "-2" it would go to 2.50. Very odd, but i got it to save without errors. I will Email the file to you.

Strange. I can get it to change to 4.7, save it, then reload and it is back at 7.9, all fields are yellow and I get an error alert. Maybe the file I have is corrupt...

Quick Reply: Knock knock.... who's there? KR