Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Knock knock.... who's there? KR

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks DEW, by the way....

I will stop modding my truck once DEW gets lower than a 13.209
Old 09-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Thanks DEW, by the way....

I will stop modding my truck once DEW gets lower than a 13.209
DAMMITT!!!! I am gonna sneak up to Mason Dixon sunday and keep you from modding your truck!
Old 09-25-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Looks like I am just going to have to go spend a hundred bucks or so on some race gas and see whats what. Then i will know where i stand. I think i have about 1/4 tank now, i will try to run it down a little more and go find some 104 or 110.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:55 AM

there was plenty at the track yesterday.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

eph u.....
Old 09-25-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Looks like I am just going to have to go spend a hundred bucks or so on some race gas and see whats what. Then i will know where i stand. I think i have about 1/4 tank now, i will try to run it down a little more and go find some 104 or 110.
now we're getting somewhere
you dont need a whole tank just enough to do some logging Id run her empty then get a 1/4 tank if you can find 105 or 110 thats even better.
I love the smell of 110 there is nothing like it

Last edited by 02sierraz71_5.3; 09-25-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
the table values cannot be compared between efi live and hpt they are completely different in the majority of the secondary tables. For example the pe quotient in HPT is exactly that but in EFI live it is a lamda value.
An example:
HPT: 14.7/1.122=13:1 afr commanded
EFI live: 1=14.7 so the value is a percentage meaning 14.7*.85=12.5:1 afr
85% of the number 14.7
many of the tables are like this where the numbers arent treated imperically but as derivatives
EFI live is very different from HPT and no where near as intrinsic

me too
That's all configurable though. He can swap out the map column and rows pretty easily and AFR can be displayed in EQ ratio, Lambda or AFR.

Jimmie, have you tried to change your knock sensor frequency filter? yet Have you compared that value to another 03 8.1L tune or just other truck tunes in general? I only have an 02 8.1 to compare, and it is definitely different than yours.

Justin
Old 09-25-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dc_justin
That's all configurable though. He can swap out the map column and rows pretty easily and AFR can be displayed in EQ ratio, Lambda or AFR.

Jimmie, have you tried to change your knock sensor frequency filter? yet Have you compared that value to another 03 8.1L tune or just other truck tunes in general? I only have an 02 8.1 to compare, and it is definitely different than yours.

Justin
I never even thought to look for a config setting thanks for bringing that up.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 AM
TECH Addict

I have spent ALOT of time changing columns, rows, and data fields so its easier for me to understand. I love the way i can change any of the three from Metric to imperical without having to change all three at the same time. I can have fahrenheit as a row and kPa as a column, makes it real nice when you need to reference stuff in metric but dont want to convert the other part of the chart.

Yes, i have looked at other 8.1L stock tunes. I looked at a 2002 8.1L and a 2004 8.1L both had the knock sensor frequencies set to 4.70. Matter of fact ALL the stock tunes i have looked at have the frequency set to 4.70. Mine are set at 7.90. That is what i was asking earlier, is the 7.90 making the sensor more sensitive or less sensitive? Should i move that data back to stock at 4.70?

Also, and i hate to keep going off on different things so i hope you can follow me here, its just I have so many question...lol. I have been trying to get help from other boards as well so i hope i am not offending anyone but i figured the more people i get to the more answers and suggestions i will get. So I was over at the diesel place asking some questions about the Allison trany tuning because all those guys have the Allison and not to many here do. I told them that in the standard "PCM" window i have two catagories called "Transmission calibration" and "transmission diagnostics". They are not greyed out and are available for me to open and change setting as a feel like it. However, since i have the Allison transmission with its own TCM, anything i change in these areas, i would assume will have no impact on my tune or anything else. So i ask "Trippin" over at the diesel place about where i might find the locations in the TCM (not PCM) to remove any Allison torque management. He points me to tables B6611, B6612, and B6614. All of these tablesare in the "traction control" area of the PCM.

I dont have traction control on my truck, so would changes in these sections have any impact? I mean when some of the sub catagories describe the table as "active when traction control is enabled", but some do not reference traction control at all even though they are in the traction control section. Anyway, those areas he pointed me to are to reduce "tip-in torque reduction" and "MAX torque per gear". I am still not sold on the fact that changing these tables will have any effect, but i am going to try it and see. Ijust wanted to get your guys take on it.

I will be driving up to get some race gas today hopefully.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:51 AM

jim change that filter to stock. (4.7) And get some scans.

your on your own with the trans questions.

Quick Reply: Knock knock.... who's there? KR