Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Idling rough in drive with foot on brake

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Idling rough in drive with foot on brake

As the title states when I am coming to a stop or just sitting in the driveway in a drive gear and my foot on the brake the trucks wants to die. Let off the brake and all fine a dandy. As soon as I touch the brake the truck goes into open loop accel/decel mode and all STFT stops. Only happens in drive gears.....It wants to run 2 to 4 points richer and then sometimes go full lean and rpm will drop. It has only died on me a couple times. Usually just runs rough. At a stop light as soon as I let off the brake it goes back to closed loop with fuel trims and runs great. This is a 2000 Silverado with a 76mm turbo setup. Ran great for a month or so after the dyno then all of a sudden it started acting up. An y help or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:17 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

What is the timing doing when you put on the brake? I noticed this with a truck I was tunning, turned out to be TM pulling all of the timing. I think its a bug in HPTuners that just appeared about a year ago when doing a 2bar or 3bar OS.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Atomic
What is the timing doing when you put on the brake? I noticed this with a truck I was tunning, turned out to be TM pulling all of the timing. I think its a bug in HPTuners that just appeared about a year ago when doing a 2bar or 3bar OS.
I am very much a newbie at this. I have attached some logs. My HP Tuners data logging has also unfortunately stopped logging. So more logs to come. Thank you Atomic.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
2000 rcsb parked.hpl (19.1 KB, 36 views)
cruise 3.hpl (147.2 KB, 34 views)
2000 rcsb cruising.hpl (512.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 12-10-2017, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Clean up the logs a little, sometimes that will help with them freezing.

You have start up engine coolant temp being logged 5 times, maybe a little much lol.

Remove those or at least 4 of them. Remove the MAF channel too, not needed. Add knock retard, injector pulse width. Remove the 1 bar MAP channel and add the 2 bar channel for boost. (not exactly your problem but helpful things to log while tuning)

The tune file too could help with the problem too.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

FFDP, Thanks for the advice. I think my problem might be is that I added to many PID's. I will tweak them a little and try and log again. It seems to have started after I added the gear selector PID to aid in troubleshooting. I will remove unnessary ones and try and repost tomorrow. I will attach my current tune. Thank you.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FFDP
Clean up the logs a little, sometimes that will help with them freezing.

You have start up engine coolant temp being logged 5 times, maybe a little much lol.

Remove those or at least 4 of them. Remove the MAF channel too, not needed. Add knock retard, injector pulse width. Remove the 1 bar MAP channel and add the 2 bar channel for boost. (not exactly your problem but helpful things to log while tuning)

The tune file too could help with the problem too.

Here is my current tune.
Attached Files
Old 12-11-2017, 06:47 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

It is wanting to take out a lot of fuel at idle, sometimes if fueling is way off it will turn off closed loop at idle. Take out some fuel and try again. Timing looked fine.