Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

idle afr

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds odd but i have the same problem on bank 1

after awhile at idle my LTB1 goes straight to 25 and the LTB2 is fine
Old 02-18-2008, 04:43 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so i'm not the only one. mine does the same thing and its pissing me off. what injectors do you have?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.8T
yeah the 50lber's. wierd thing i don't know if you seen in the log but my left bank is leaner than my right. i just swapped the WB around to the left side and it confirmed it. if i lower the offset and the min pulse tables the truck goes WAY lean as in the wideband can't detect it lean. and it sounds like its camed. bucking and coughing and all kinds of goodness. it will also die when you come to a hard stop or blip the throttle.
How low are you taking the offset and min pulse when this happens? If I take mine low enough mine will do the same thing. The injectors start misfireing and it goes WAY lean. My offset is around .49 in the 14v column and my min pulse is I believe 1.1 however the Siemens also respond different then the 50lb Who makes your injectors? Are you sure all your injectors are seated properly and its not sucking air around one on that bank? Just brainstorming here.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep in mind that when it misfires the o2 will pick up the unburnt air in the exhaust, even if it is a rich misfire. a oxygen sensor ONLY reads AIR, not fuel. just something to keep in mind while you are fighting this. also make sure your plugs and wires are good.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

injectors are delphi. from the research i have found these injectors aren't exactly compatible with the ls1 pcm's but people have made them work. i didn't know his till after i bought them. so with that being said, what is a good way to check for a vacuum leak around the injectors? it makes since because at wot both O2's seem to agree and at wot there is no vacuum in the manifold. if i take the offset any much lower than it is it starts going lean and you can feel it shake and miss here and there. i tried someones tune from hptuners from the 60lb injector thread and it was way lean and would bearly idle. i can try something if you want me to and i'l log it and post it up. i'm up for about anything at this point.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:05 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Truckshop
keep in mind that when it misfires the o2 will pick up the unburnt air in the exhaust, even if it is a rich misfire. a oxygen sensor ONLY reads AIR, not fuel. just something to keep in mind while you are fighting this. also make sure your plugs and wires are good.

i thought maybe plugs and wires too. buuutt i drove the tahoe to a friends house with no bugs, jerks, or jiggles and all i did was swap injectors. i can feel each injector ticking away so i know they all have power getting to them. need a good way to check for tiny vacuum leaks at the injectors.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

spray them with carb spray and listen for a change. if you hit one with a vaccum leak it will stumble. you can do the same to check intake gaskets. propane works also.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i'll try that. here are some logs.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
ifr 66 1.125 same.hpl (13.8 KB, 52 views)
ifr 70 adder down.1.hpl (12.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 02-19-2008, 04:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

so i put my hand over the throtle body after the eng was warm and i got 3 to 4 nice sqeals on the driver side before the motor died. here is a log. note toward the end when i put my hand over the TB the left bank stayed lean while the right bank went rich. i did it twice on the log.
Attached Files
more injector log 6.hpl (44.6 KB, 60 views)
Old 03-29-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

so what was the end result?

Quick Reply: idle afr