Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

HUGE voltage drop issue....SOLVED?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Hell no, I told him to burn the truck and start over.....
Your just pissed cuz you have to put a fuggin jet airplane rotor on your **** to break away from me. Settle down (I still have the lighter you mailed me for emergencies though).

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I told him the SAME thing!!!
Your just mad cuz I always make you come help me.

Originally Posted by Gordy M
I would just like to see the wiring diagram for those pins.
I found this in my archives, HTH[/quote]

Yeah, https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=373444 I posted that last year. I appreciate it, I was looking for what kysilvy posted up, a schematic of the pins. I want to figure out which is that pin that was grounding out and figure out its purpose in life.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbadwolf54
FYI
ckt 451 ends at G103, located at the right rear of the engine block, it has been known to have the wiring break inside the insulation at this location and cause some weird electrical issues

ckt1850 ends at G203 which is located at the drivers side a-pillar, behind the dash pad near the base of the windshield

So the grounded pin was pin #5 on the OBDII plug. Which is circuit 451 right? Which ends at G103, the ground on the back of the block? this is the engine control module ground right? sigh...awhile back the ground strap from back of block to the firewall, i was moving it around and it hit the head and sparked. LOL...full circle. Thanks for the drawings and input guys. Seems this has been put to rest besides the understanding of what exactly happens when that #5 DTC pin is grounded. Weird