Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

feeling power loss.. please help..

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default feeling power loss.. please help..

ok so i finally got in everything installed.. 4.10 gears 3200stall shift kit and trutrac locker.. and guess what.. yes my launch is insane compared to before but after that its not the same... i use to pull really hard in second.. that was my good point and now second comes in and its back to how it was stock.. third kicks in and its good but just not how i expected.. was this suppose to happen... i expected second to be even harder... im shifting at 6300... help???
Old 07-20-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

that stall will soak up some of the shift firmness, but doesn't mean its not running the same. It will feel a little "spongy" on the shift. Did you re tune after the gear swap and stall?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

well it might be soaking some firmness but im still tripping the tires on my 1-2 shift.. and well i have efi live so i input the gear size on their but didnt do any other changes...
Old 07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also could be something else but I am not a tuner, but that set up should run pretty good.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i added the the transgo hd-2 and the accumulator piston.... and yes i need to adjust the firmness and have tuner return line pressure back down because its shifting super hard.. but thats not what has me worried its my second and third gear pull.. it just feels slower then before... i hope it wakes back up when i get it tunes..i just dont understand how a tune would help!... its just gears and stall.. but ok.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

post up some before and after logs, i wonder if you hitting different (lower) spots on the timing table, due to the loser converter... I remember having to mess with my spark tables after swapping converters cause i was hitting different areas...
Old 07-20-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

o man this is gonna be good.. i dont remember if i still have my previous logs still saved.. but ill definitely post my current logs when i go home and access my laptop... hope this is it... any other ideas? should this be happening? may b too much gear for this cam that im just don't have the power to spin them hard enough to make my truck pull up on top?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ yea what he said haha! That was what i was thinking but not sure as I don't tune haha!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

IMO just go do some logging, setup the dashboard to show spark advance... When accelerating slowly and heavily (not WOT), watch the timing if the timing falls off quickly or plummets to nothing then raise that particular spot on your timing table... From what i remember mine would plummet to very low teens or single digits, adding some additional timing really helped. Then again, looking at your sig, you have a black bear tune so I bet you have a pretty good spark table allready, but never the less worth a look... that is how i did my part throttle timing adjustments.

WOT timing adjusts are really easy...
Old 07-20-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol i can read tunes but i have no idea how to mess with them...im just going to wait to c if justin at blackbear sends me a new tune.. i just wanted to c what was the reason y it felt so slow but i think BLACKGMC u r right.. i mean it makes sense witht he looser converter im hitting different spots making my timing differently at different points... thanks.. i guess ill wait for my tune and come back and let u guys know if that was it.. does anyone else have a different idea y this is happening? thanks...

Quick Reply: feeling power loss.. please help..