Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Engine grounds

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Was referring to the body ground for the c codes... They look like abs codes IIRC! Dont have list in front of me
Old 09-26-2015, 11:34 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Was referring to the body ground for the c codes... They look like abs codes IIRC! Dont have list in front of me
They are.

Google shows front right and left speed sensors as well as the rear speed sensor.

The C0245 code is something with the abs module it self.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by kalikid06
P0054 - H02S Heater resistance (bank 1 sensor 2)
P0060 - H02S Heater resistance (bank 2 sensor 2)
P0102 - Mass or volume air flow circuit low input
P0103 - Mass or volume air flow circuit high input
P0622 - Generator field/F control circuit
P1637 - Generator field/L control circuit
C0035 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor
C0040 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor
C0055 - Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit
C0245 - EBCM Control Valve Circuit
Added descriptions in bold.

The C codes could also be caused by Tire size mismatch or a gear change. If nothings been changed since Alternator, and the issue first occurred after the alternator went out, I would strongly suspect the re-man alternator .

Last edited by 1FastBrick; 09-26-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Could also be the awesome solder points in module... I just havent had time to pull my module out pull it apart, you get point .... I have same abs codes randonly along with the c0265.... The body mount ground could help with those codes... But others save maybe o2 heater resistance are more than likely the alternator having a bad regulator...
Old 09-27-2015, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Where did my post go... Wth?? Anyway, the c codes coukd akso be the awesome job gm did soldering the abs module togther internally... Have same codes randomly in my 99 with addition of the c0265... Rest probably due to bad regulator in altenator, save possibly the rear o2 heater resisitance codes, not uncommon for o2 heaters to :poop: the bed
Old 09-27-2015, 12:12 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Yes, the brake modules are always suspect.

How ever if all this started around the alternator failure time, I would suspect the replacement alternator or possibly the battery. The electronic replacement part used for the remans are not held to the same level of quality as the OEM part.

We had a local company that would rebuild them the same day. On one vehicle we went through 3 alternators before we got one that worked properly. They wouldn't charge properly and they were sending electrical noise through the charging system causing other codes.

My first car when I was younger had a similar issue. I went through 3 remans till I got a good one at the parts store. 1 failed and stopped charging after a few weeks, 1 was junk out of the box and the next one worked at first but after about a month started over charging. The Last replacement was still working good until I Sold it.

Vehicles of today are much more sensitive to electrical noise and charging issues.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Personal experience with pep boys parts new are great....remans suck!!! Ive seen some new parts that were same or less than the remans, costwise!!!

Theres an alternator rebuilder here, but kinda goin way of the carb shops!!!
Old 09-27-2015, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few more notes that might help:

- Before I swapped the engine, the ABS light and parking brake light were illuminating. I kept getting a "service brake system" message. Could a bad ABS module be causing these issues?

- The "battery not charging" message was present before I swapped the alternator. Could it really be another bad alternator?

- I changed the wheels and tires from stock (I went to 20's with a 45 aspect ratio)

If the alternator is the issue, would it be causing the extreme hesitation I am experiencing when accelerating?
Old 09-27-2015, 07:58 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by kalikid06
A few more notes that might help:

- Before I swapped the engine, the ABS light and parking brake light were illuminating. I kept getting a "service brake system" message. Could a bad ABS module be causing these issues?

- The "battery not charging" message was present before I swapped the alternator. Could it really be another bad alternator?

- I changed the wheels and tires from stock (I went to 20's with a 45 aspect ratio)

If the alternator is the issue, would it be causing the extreme hesitation I am experiencing when accelerating?
Question 1: Yes.
Question 2: Yes, But should verify its charging by having it tested.
Question 3: Yes, Tire size would affect the ABS system as well. I have seen where it throws codes for the sensors until the correct tire Size is reprogrammed.
Question 4: A low voltage issue could cause hesitation. But so could a Bad MAF sensor. Did you swap the same size engine or go with a different size?
Old 10-12-2015, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out the guy here in Florida who tried to tune my truck, failed miserably. The tune was so bad, it was causing all of the issues I was having. I went to a different tuner and now have a good base tune. I'm finally able to drive this thing. We're still sending scans and tunes back and forth, but it's improving every day!

Quick Reply: Engine grounds