Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

EFiLive vs HPT ... owners of both, I need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed on the EFILive Forum you had you question under the Bidi section. Today was the first day I ever looked at that section. If you re-post it I would use the Tuning/Petro Gas/gen III section.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

GMC, sorry i couldnt get out there today to resplice the two wires I cut (11 / 17 red ) so i didnt get a chance to test the A/C voltage. I will definitely do it tomorrow though. By the time I dropped my daughter back off at her mom's house, it started raining so i couldnt do those two connections to get myself back to ground 0 again. Ill definitely post my results tomorrow afternoon sometime... Like around 4PM eastern when i get home from work!!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gordy M
I noticed on the EFILive Forum you had you question under the Bidi section. Today was the first day I ever looked at that section. If you re-post it I would use the Tuning/Petro Gas/gen III section.
Naaa bro its posted in the general section...right about Tuning/Petro Gas...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-PCM-and-EFans

EDIT: Oh ok i see what youre saying, that spot has more forums within that specific forum heading
Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bet you never expected these results LOL..... 0volts on all three tests...Key on engine off, Engine on NO A/C, Engine on A/C on.

And yes i did reconnect 11 and 17 back to the PCM again lol
Attached Files
File Type: efi
key off engine off.efi (5.7 KB, 57 views)
key on engine on ac on.efi (8.3 KB, 60 views)
key on engine on no ac.efi (7.2 KB, 91 views)
Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its gotta be something to do with the HVAC system module...its shorted out somewhere because the PCM thinks the A/C is on all the time, which is why im getting constant fan activity.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

The PCM controls the compressor. The only way it would think the a/c is on all the time is if it was getting a request for the a/c compressor to run.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

So meaning I must have a short in the controls inside the cabin!? I can try pulling the dash and pull the heat/AC control unit out!?

Or better yet is there one main HVAC system that reports to the PCM? Cause since im not getting a voltage reading on any of the pressure sensors there must be an intermediate device that they report to and the device would then report the values to the PCM!?!?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

If you go back to the a/c control schematic, it will show you that it comes through one of the wires that you disconnected. I have a feeling this may possibly be an EFI-live problem. I don't use EFI-live so I can't say for sure.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damnit, Im assuming you mean Pin 55!? A/C signal request? Yeah i definitely pulled that one..actually i pulled all the A/C ones out! Weird enough, the clutch cable still had a live ground connection to it even when the key was off. Man something is royally screwed. I want to blame it on EFilive but i think this is mechanical/electrical to be honest. In every case that i read on EFiLive where people had this issue, they were still able to use the Bidi controls to manually turn the fans on and off which I cannot do. It's like it is getting its ground from somewhere totally different, and forcing the connection to 42b and 33r and 43r (A/C clutch signal)

Also the fact that im getting no volt signal from the low or high pressure switched either

Quick Reply: EFiLive vs HPT ... owners of both, I need opinions