Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

EFI live is offering classes...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI live is offering classes...

http://www.efilive.com/news.aspx#news1

I asked Hptuners if they would offer anything like this and they told me no. If I knew EFI live was going to offer classes I would have gone with them instead of Hptuners. This will encourage lots of people to go with EFI live over HPtuners in the future.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:34 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of our members here in the bay area teaches EFILive. You can also download the program for free and view logs.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trever1t
One of our members here in the bay area teaches EFILive. You can also download the program for free and view logs.
0rly?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 86MC_SS
http://www.efilive.com/news.aspx#news1

I asked Hptuners if they would offer anything like this and they told me no. If I knew EFI live was going to offer classes I would have gone with them instead of Hptuners. This will encourage lots of people to go with EFI live over HPtuners in the future.
Just for the sake of clarification, the course is not being offered by EFILive. It is being offered through EFI University (efi101.com) and is focusing on how to really get the best use out of the software. It will not teach you the fundamentals of fuel injection tuning. The EFI 101 course is designed for that purpose and does a pretty good job of laying a solid foundation.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Greg Banish(eficalibrator) is offering a class for the fundamentals of tuning using hptuners http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...6679#post76679

Paying $300 to learn how to use the scanner & flashing a calibration isnt necessarily worth it IMO, but to eaches own.

Usually if someone wants to learn their way around hptuners and are local I have them pick me up & buy me dinner & I spend 3 or so hours for the price of a burger & soda showing them the ropes. Most of the stuff listed to be taught in the class we've already done in a flash demo...It might not be someone with a projector and using powerpoint, but its pretty darn close

Of course if you ever have any questions feel free to ask here or on our site and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, as long as we're offering opinions...
really not worth it foff? i thought you just edit their MAF and PE for $600 each? truly, to each's own...
Old 03-07-2007, 07:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
well, as long as we're offering opinions...
really not worth it foff? i thought you just edit their MAF and PE for $600 each? truly, to each's own...

their class is a how to setup your efilive class ie

install the program
making custom histograms in the scanner
using the editor
using roadrunner
etc.

like dc Justin said its not a class about "tuning" its more about how to get setup & started tuning.

Last edited by foff667; 03-07-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Former Moderator :(

This post is misleading , EFI LIVE and HP Tuners do not offer any training classes. EFI 101 uses EFI Live as a tool for there class. There are many ways to learn how to tune, College courses, Independent training, learning from a friend. Using the help files included with the software and for some us us just plain experience. I don't want to see any miss leading information or arguments on this subject.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by foff667
Greg Banish(eficalibrator) is offering a class for the fundamentals of tuning using hptuners http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...6679#post76679

Paying $300 to learn how to use the scanner & flashing a calibration isnt necessarily worth it IMO, but to eaches own.

Usually if someone wants to learn their way around hptuners and are local I have them pick me up & buy me dinner & I spend 3 or so hours for the price of a burger & soda showing them the ropes. Most of the stuff listed to be taught in the class we've already done in a flash demo...It might not be someone with a projector and using powerpoint, but its pretty darn close

Of course if you ever have any questions feel free to ask here or on our site and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Thats pretty cool man ....wish you were in TX
Old 03-07-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy
This post is misleading , EFI LIVE and HP Tuners do not offer any training classes. EFI 101 uses EFI Live as a tool for there class. There are many ways to learn how to tune, College courses, Independent training, learning from a friend. Using the help files included with the software and for some us us just plain experience. I don't want to see any miss leading information or arguments on this subject.
You are actually incorrect. EFI University is teaching how to use EFILive just like mentioned above. This is not a class on how to tune your engine. This is a training class strictly for EFILive, nothing else.

Quick Reply: EFI live is offering classes...