Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

DBW pedal is 100% WOT at 1/2 pedal travel

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got the 94 wired and tested the foot feed.... half freakin pedal and its at WOT!! DOH!!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bowtieguy79
got the 94 wired and tested the foot feed.... half freakin pedal and its at WOT!! DOH!!
Damn, what is with this???

Mine will go into reduced power mode and throw codes immediately. I'm working with another guy on a custom OS. I'm guessing he's going to patch in the driver from the 2006 OS into my 2003 OS that doesn't throw codes.

I can't buy that it's a parts mis-match, I've had 3 different of everything, and no combination works!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

All the stuff in my 94 and my dads 95 came frome the same truck... I will bet it falls back to something to do with VATS
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All the stuff in my 94 and my dads 95 came frome the same truck... I will bet it falls back to something to do with VATS
Well, I'm aware of 3 of us with the exact same issue. We must be blessed.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Have you gotten this figured out yet? Messed with the 94 last night. Adjusted the pedal position table but didn't help. What is so different about the tune in the 06 ecm in my dads truck? Im going to copy those tables over to mine and see if that helps
Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you gotten this figured out yet? Messed with the 94 last night. Adjusted the pedal position table but didn't help. What is so different about the tune in the 06 ecm in my dads truck? Im going to copy those tables over to mine and see if that helps
I think the difference is deeper than what you can see in HPT, but I'll be interested to hear if copying the DBW stuff from the 06 file alone makes it work. The values are definitely different, but they don't seem too far off.

I'm contemplating getting an '06 pedal and TAC module and trying to see if that stops the '06 tune from throwing codes. Before I do that, I'm going to play around with the wiring, or maybe try disabling the DBW DTC's to see if it will just continue operating.

Last step is going back to the '03 tune, putting a block under the gas pedal at 100% WOT, and just living with the touchy throttle until I find a real fix
Old 01-22-2011, 07:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I tried the following:

Copied Airflow->Electronic Throttle from 2006 HPT to the 2003 - there was a noticeable change in tip-in sensitivity (or I hadn't configured the rest of the tune exactly like my old one) but WOT was still happening way too early.

Removed the "spare" wires that aren't used on the 2006 pedal harness. That didn't go well, it ran for a while, then went into severe limp mode, and wouldn't even operate the fuel pump at key-on for more than a split second.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I licensed YET ANOTHER PCM (all my credits are now gone ) This time, a 2005 tune file, copied just about everything over, configured the DTC's, etc... This time I was hopeful, but in the end, it didn't fix a damn thing.

I swapped pedals around, swapped APP sensors around, couldn't get any combination with the 2005 OS to work right either.

When I hook one of my pedals up to my bone stock '04 GMC Yukon, the throttle operates the Yukon the same way it operates my truck. This makes me think that if I get a pedal built for my Yukon, maybe it will work, but my Yukon pedal has the adjustable pedal option, and I'm not sure I'll have enough room under the dash to fit everything in there. This also leads me to believe it isn't a wiring or a configuration problem.

So, that's option 1.

Option 2 is to get a TAC, pedal and pedal harness for the '06 OS and try that. I have wiring diagrams from 2003 and 2006. The only difference is that the 2006 has less wires going to the pedal
Old 01-22-2011, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, so I'm out trying to take the pedal off my yukon to try it on my truck. In general, the pedal on this yukon has much less pedal travel. I'm thinking it's going to work just fine over on my truck.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's a pic to show the difference:
Attached Thumbnails DBW pedal is 100% WOT at 1/2 pedal travel-2011-01-22_09-45-52_656.jpg  
Old 01-22-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm just curious why you just didn't limit the petal travel to where when the throttle body hit wide open, the petal hits the stop or the floor, like I did on the DBW I did on my dads 72? On his, it was WOT about half way though the travel, like your, so I just cut and bent the petal so it was lower and was WOT on the TB when the petal hit the floor.

Quick Reply: DBW pedal is 100% WOT at 1/2 pedal travel