Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

DBW pedal is 100% WOT at 1/2 pedal travel

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I have both PN's of TAC modules, 2 different APP sensors, 3 different PCM's, and 2 different pedal assemblies.

All combinations give the same result. I am starting to think this condition I am experiencing is normal???

Can anyone with a non-adjustable pedal set up tell me at what point in the pedal travel the butterfly on their throttle body at 100%???
Old 01-02-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Had this same issue with my Dad's 95 when we put the 5.3L in it. I had a complete pull out from a 05 with the pedal and TAC out of the same truck. When we put it in, it was rough at idle and idled high. We adjusted that with the tune but it had the same 100% open at half foot feed travel.

Well we had a side issue.... had the battery fail while uploading a tune and fried the ECM. I got a 2006 ECM upon putting it in and tuning it for the truck the pedal issues went away. We had some other issues that still haunted the truck. The foot feed would just drop out and go to idle. Traced that down to being a problem with the TB to TAC harness. Went to the junk yard and got a plug for both the TB and the TAC and made our own harness, blending in the original wires from the ECM. That was in August of this year, the 95 has now been foot feed trouble free since. It acts like it is supposed to.

Have a buddy that works for GM and he talked to some engineers about the issues, and they felt it could have came from the drivers in the ECM.

Good luck with yours.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bowtieguy79
Had this same issue with my Dad's 95 when we put the 5.3L in it. I had a complete pull out from a 05 with the pedal and TAC out of the same truck. When we put it in, it was rough at idle and idled high. We adjusted that with the tune but it had the same 100% open at half foot feed travel.

Well we had a side issue.... had the battery fail while uploading a tune and fried the ECM. I got a 2006 ECM upon putting it in and tuning it for the truck the pedal issues went away. We had some other issues that still haunted the truck. The foot feed would just drop out and go to idle. Traced that down to being a problem with the TB to TAC harness. Went to the junk yard and got a plug for both the TB and the TAC and made our own harness, blending in the original wires from the ECM. That was in August of this year, the 95 has now been foot feed trouble free since. It acts like it is supposed to.

Have a buddy that works for GM and he talked to some engineers about the issues, and they felt it could have came from the drivers in the ECM.

Good luck with yours.
Do you use HPTuners? I'm wondering if you have an HPT file I could do a write-entire to one of my various ECM's and see if it fixes my problem
Old 01-02-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

Good luck, I feel your frustration. Sent you my tune let me know how it goes!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck, I feel your frustration. Sent you my tune let me know how it goes!
OMG, it worked. I'm speechless.

Well, to recap, none of the changes I made to hardware worked. I did a write-entire with bowtieguy79's 2006 HPTuners file, and the pedal is working perfectly.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Sweet! That was to easy, any other issues? LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet! That was to easy, any other issues? LOL
You will be the first person I ask!!!

Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

So are you going to have a pedal and TAC module for sale?
Old 01-02-2011, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1989k1500
So are you going to have a pedal and TAC module for sale?
Yes, I should have 2 TAC modules, 1 pedal, and the cable that connects the pedal to the TAC module available.

And I have at least one extra truck PCM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

My harness and PCM are 06 so I'll have to figure out if that pedal and TAC module will work. But I am going to be needing a pedal and TAC module for my truck.

Quick Reply: DBW pedal is 100% WOT at 1/2 pedal travel