Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

A/C help with swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C help with swap

Have a few questions about my swap in to a 93 gmc rcsb. Who here has gone with dbw and had functioning a/c? My engine/trans/harness/ecm is from a 2006 avalanche. I know that that vehicle uses serial data for a/c request. I have efans and have a way to control them independently of the ecm so i am trying to figure out an OS with efi live that i could have the a/c commanded by the ground as in the older vehicles and vans but also keep dbw. Would a segment swap be the key? I can also use a relay and the a/c command to bypass the temp switch for the efans so that they come on when the a/c is commanded. I will be using a swap bracket with a r4 compressor
Old 08-02-2015, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a DBW swap into an old 1983 C10
I don't think a segment swap is gonna help you with the A/C
This is what I did, I wanted to keep the R4 compressor in the factory location so I just ordered one off LS Brackets, and wired it exactly how it would've been in 83', now as soon as I turn on the A/C the engine picks up the load and maintains idle, the only thing is that before I go WOT I just flick off the switch to disengage the clutch, to solve my fan problems, I just went ahead and tuned them to both come on as soon as the truck turns on
Im sure others will chime in and help as well