Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Bigger fuel pump and injector installation questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigger fuel pump and injector installation questions

I am installing a 418cu in LS3 stroker motor into my 2009 Silverado that has around 575 flywheel horsepower with upgraded Bosch 42lb fuel injectors and a 340LPH Aeromotive fuel pump. I am worried about the stock 5.3L fuel pump housing not being able to give the new pump enough flow at WOT, so I am buying a used 2011 Silverado 6.2 flex fuel pump to swap its housing into my tank with the Aeromotive pump. I know with the Edelbrock supercharger kits that Silverado's with the flex fuel pumps don't need upgrading of the fuel pump, so I think I am making the right move using the 6.2L housing. Does anyone know if I will have any computer issues or wiring issues with this swap? Will the stock FPCM need any tuning to control the bigger pump and injectors? The pump came from a crew cab with the short bed (which my Silverado also has), and the fuel tank size is the same. I am getting my ECU tuned for the engine swap by Texas Speed and Performance as well.