Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Anybody ever checked out a WAIT4ME tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen many of them and many of others also,including dyno tunes around here from several shops
Old 11-25-2006, 03:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well just like with personal, you cant set the ETC tables like Commercial can.. So im guessing workshop has even more tables.??
Old 11-25-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the tables he has and adjusts the normal EFILive user can't see. Reason for this isn't anything he has over you guys, it just he has been into the PCM and found tables that aren't available and added them into his own calibration files. There is no difference in the tables from Commerical to Workshop. FYI
Old 11-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisj6
If you are a strong programmer you can disassemble .bin files and have access to the other tables, but I doubt he seriously does that with his mail orders. That would take wayy too much time.
Agreed, especially hearing that he does up to 40 tunes per day.

And I've seen a few of Jesse's tunes. He doesn't just copy and paste one tune to the next. Each of them that I've seen has had different trans settings and different PE multipliers.

Last edited by dc_justin; 11-26-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree with he is selling ****. i got one and it was ****. didnt do what i told him i wanted. did stuff i didnt ask for at all, like removing all TM from the tranny. I ran a better 1/4 with my stock tune. believe it or not !!! i had it for 4 days.... then went to WHEATLEY.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

ive read one before and there really isnt much changed..the cat overtemp was still turned on..
Old 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gtosilverado
i agree with he is selling ****. i got one and it was ****. didnt do what i told him i wanted. did stuff i didnt ask for at all, like removing all TM from the tranny. I ran a better 1/4 with my stock tune. believe it or not !!! i had it for 4 days.... then went to WHEATLEY.
Didn't you have a HPP3 or something and the W4M tune was .2 tenths faster than that? So that means your stock PCM was the best tuned and fastest out of them all. Not everyone will be happy, just because you didn't like your tune doesn't mean its **** like you keep saying, your knocking someones business because you didn't like your tune and you didn't even send it back to get it checked out. It could of been a bad PCM, it happens. So get your facts situated before you go ripping on others because you didn't get what you want the first time, when the situation could of been resolved with a phone call to the tuner. Just tired of hearing the same crap from people who expect a huge gain for $150

Remember he has to tune for safety, he cant tune mail order for full performance without seeing the charts
Old 11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i gained .2 tenths because i added the underdrive pulleys, cai, and ported tb!! not just because of the tune!. i took the damn tune out and ran my stock pcm without the hypertech and it ran faster!! i did call back to get it resolved and he said it was my new air filter... the oil from it was making the maf sensor get bad readings!! "the pcm its much smarter now" thats what he said !!! thats a bunch of BS !!!! well if he is saying his tunes are good for $150 ! then i expect the damn tune to be good, i dont care if he charges a $1.00 !!! and i didnt want to send it back cuz i have to pay for shipping both ways $16.00 everytime i need to get the problem fixed cuz is his fault ?? i dont think so!!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Truck Sponsor

Gto's truck runs great.Migel I will call you tommorow man
Old 11-27-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my tune in and I must say. It was definantly worth the money. I don't have my EFI live yet but I already know that he tuned for 93 octane, the 5900 shifts are nice, the speed limiter definantly isn't there and I can do burnouts a hell of alot easier. Not to mention I picked up almost 3 MPG better with the 93 octane tune(15.5-15.7 before and 18.3 on a 200 mile trip yesterday).

Quick Reply: Anybody ever checked out a WAIT4ME tune?