PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   Anybody ever checked out a WAIT4ME tune? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/anybody-ever-checked-out-wait4me-tune-379641/)

RandomHero 11-21-2006 07:50 PM

Anybody ever checked out a WAIT4ME tune?

Just curious if this has been done before? No I'm not asking if you have a wait4me. I'm asking if you've ever used EFILIVE to see if Jesse actually tunes what you ask for.

The reason why I ask is because I just bought a Wait4Me Tune. In fact I haven't even gotten it yet. Jesse still has it. I also just picked up EFI live(got a real good deal on it). There's alot of skepticism on if he actually tunes for everything we ask for so I figured I'd check it out in EFILive and see what all is going on in a Wait4ME tune. Everybody let me know if it's been done before. Thanks

FastCrewCab4x4 11-21-2006 09:44 PM

No, But I have been thinkin about doing it. a member of this board W/efil lives a few miles up the road. a few things I'd like to see also....

Rhino79 11-21-2006 10:19 PM

I have EFI live also, and I have looked at a mailorder "baseline" tune for a 408. It's just hard for him to get the VE and everything down on something like that without having the truck or logging some data to send him. He did do everything requested, it's just that the tune was rough and I'm still getting it dialed in. Good job for a mailorder, but if you have the software, there is much room for improvement.

Moddoo 11-21-2006 10:34 PM

I have a copy of my old wait4me tune for my truck when it was stock+catback.
what did you want to know about it/them?
IMO it is pretty basic and conservative, but it is better than stock, and it is safe.

RandomHero 11-21-2006 10:41 PM

Well on GMFullsize(where I post the most) there are alot of skeptics that say he just copies the same tune over and over. I figured when I get my efi live software I could check out his tune and see if he did the things I asked him. Now the next step is to figure out how in the hell to use EFI Live.

nonnieselman 11-21-2006 10:45 PM

he changes some stuff that you cant see with Personal or Commercial... :)

His secret........

RandomHero 11-21-2006 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
he changes some stuff that you cant see with Personal or Commercial... :)

His secret........

what does he tune with EFI "Double Secret" Edition?

Rhino79 11-21-2006 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by RandomHero
what does he tune with EFI "Double Secret" Edition?

Lol! I don't know, he's told me several times on the phone that he does things that "I" can't see with my software, that he has more tables. Dunno, I guess he's special?:confused:

chrisj6 11-22-2006 12:04 AM

He's either special or just trying to sell shit.......and I'm going with just trying to sell shit. If you are a strong programmer you can disassemble .bin files and have access to the other tables, but I doubt he seriously does that with his mail orders. That would take wayy too much time.

1slowsilverado 11-22-2006 12:17 AM

I have seen quite a few tunes from the major players. Pcmforless, Waitforme, Nelson etc.. All of them are good and I have alot of respect for them. Some are better in certain areas and ALL have mad mistakes along the way and should be expected with mail order tuning.