Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Another $400 paperweight!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Another $400 paperweight!!!!!!

I passenger side speaker was going out in my truck so I took it to a local dealership to have it replaced. They told me the E85 computer in my truck had a recall on it (a new upgraded tune). I told him I had a Diablo tuner (that also had custom work done to it removed alot of Tq management) and should I remove it before they flashed my computer. The tech is my neighbor and told me to un-install it and run it around on regular gas for a couple days and bring it back in. So 4 days later after I removed it I took it in and when I went to install my programmer all custom work on it was ERASED!!!!! So now its just a plain jane DIablo programmer. I called up the placed that did the tuning and the person that had the files quit

So now tomorrow Im having a full Dyno tuned done with HP tuners Now the last time with the Diablo my afr was 14.7 @WOT. Will I noticed that much difference with the HP tuners tune? ALL 100% of TQ management, abuse modes are getting removed. BTW does the ETC open gradually when you stomp on it? Its going to be tuned on 93 octane and all done correctly.
I think theres still a little more in it.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So how much difference is there between a FULL dyno tune and a generic Diablo tune?
Old 11-23-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

That AFR is way lean should be around 12.6-12.8 AFR. See if your tuner can give you a copy of your tune on a disk or something.Should feel much better if your tuners good.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny that you say that because once I was driving down the road and my check engine light came on. I read it with my programmer and it was showing that it was too lean.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by onequick5.3
Funny that you say that because once I was driving down the road and my check engine light came on. I read it with my programmer and it was showing that it was too lean.

It would not throw a lean code in PE mode. Bottom line is that 14.7 in PE mode is WAY lean, I mean dangerous. Like mentioned before your AFR in PE should be 12.8-9.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by onequick5.3
I passenger side speaker was going out in my truck so I took it to a local dealership to have it replaced. They told me the E85 computer in my truck had a recall on it (a new upgraded tune). I told him I had a Diablo tuner (that also had custom work done to it removed alot of Tq management) and should I remove it before they flashed my computer. The tech is my neighbor and told me to un-install it and run it around on regular gas for a couple days and bring it back in. So 4 days later after I removed it I took it in and when I went to install my programmer all custom work on it was ERASED!!!!! So now its just a plain jane DIablo programmer. I called up the placed that did the tuning and the person that had the files quit

So now tomorrow Im having a full Dyno tuned done with HP tuners Now the last time with the Diablo my afr was 14.7 @WOT. Will I noticed that much difference with the HP tuners tune? ALL 100% of TQ management, abuse modes are getting removed. BTW does the ETC open gradually when you stomp on it? Its going to be tuned on 93 octane and all done correctly.
I think theres still a little more in it.
I have ETC what do you think?

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...ent=1180_1.flv

There is a min RPM to enable PE mode in HPtuners. Just make sure this is set below your TC flash RPM and you are good!
Enjoy!
Old 11-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 16.0 at WOT in the upper RPMs..

Thank god I got it straightened out. Hell of a HP difference from there to 12.8
Old 11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -HIC-
I have ETC what do you think?

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...ent=1180_1.flv

There is a min RPM to enable PE mode in HPtuners. Just make sure this is set below your TC flash RPM and you are good!
Enjoy!
I didnt see a time. What did you run?

Someone sure rode the converter hard on the start line, stalled it for over 6 seconds before the light went green. Yikes.

peace
Hog
Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hog
I didnt see a time. What did you run?

Someone sure rode the converter hard on the start line, stalled it for over 6 seconds before the light went green. Yikes.

peace
Hog
What are you talking about? I have a 3600 converter and leave at 1500 RPM. Get your facts straight. 11.79@112.50
Old 11-24-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HIC you should have stalled it for 12 sec maybe you would have had a lesser time lmfao!!

Quick Reply: Another $400 paperweight!!!!!!