Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

AFR readings way off between different WB

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did another free air calibration on the sensor and now it is reading correct. 14.x at idle and 11.6-12.0 @ wot. It is still reading 14.x @ up to 3psi. So maybe the PE table needs tweaked. Other than that everything seems good. I dont hear any knock when its at 14.x in boost. If anybody wants to tell me how to log with EFI and check for KR, I'll be glad to listen. I havent played with the scan tool too much yet.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe dc will chime in. I treat everything up to 100kpa just the same as any n/a guy does. You can get away with 13:1 afr in this area but trail off quickly as it goes through the kpa levels (i am at 12.9 at 105kpa). Ky your 2bar right? 1slow..you 2bar? if you are 1bar, you're pe settings are probably a little high. rpm engage? map? pe enable tps? This is the fun part of tuning IMO.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am 1 bar. PE enable at 85KPA 40% TPS. I see PE (open loop) sometimes and not in boost. Saw a few bits of KR logging so I adjusted to 12.8 AFR in that area, those conditions. Usually climbing a hill on the highway in cruise control. OD and TC locked.

Wish I had been logging a recent long hill pull I made with a trailer and a safe on it. Maybe 2000 lbs. Truck never kicked out of OD nor did the TC unlock. Kept building boost, meth kicked in, wound up at about 7 psi boost to maintain speed. Thought about pulling it down to 3rd but said the hell with it. Just to see if it would pull it. Probably went through 1/2 gallon of meth though.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
I did another free air calibration on the sensor and now it is reading correct. 14.x at idle and 11.6-12.0 @ wot. It is still reading 14.x @ up to 3psi. So maybe the PE table needs tweaked. Other than that everything seems good. I dont hear any knock when its at 14.x in boost. If anybody wants to tell me how to log with EFI and check for KR, I'll be glad to listen. I havent played with the scan tool too much yet.
I'd bet its not kicking into PE mode. Would need to adjust the triggers for enabling PE. In HPT its KPA of manifold pressure and a % TPS. If both of these conditions are true it then kicks into PE. Im at 85KPA and 40% TPS for PE enable.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Im at 85KPA and 40% TPS for PE enable.
good sound numbers. I am at 90kpa and 37%. I deleted the rpm.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:50 PM

You may as well be speaking Chinese to me.

I will try to figure out how to log and see what I find. I dont know how to check Kpa v. rpm etc, or how to tell when I am getting into PE. I have EFI live. If you want to tell me how I will check it out.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

You may as well be speaking Chinese to me.

I will try to figure out how to log and see what I find. I dont know how to check Kpa v. rpm etc, or how to tell when I am getting into PE. I have EFI live. If you want to tell me how I will check it out.
Moi chi poing sai yeng. Wish I could help more dude. I don't speak EFI. The terms should be near the same. Just gotta log and then adjust them if needed. I still have tons to learn myself.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
good sound numbers. I am at 90kpa and 37%. I deleted the rpm.
Are you referring to delay RPM? I don't know of another.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KR is one of the defaut PID's. it should show up on the "a" dashboard right under actual timing. if you want to look at it while you are driving, otherwise, look at the "b" dashboard for a graph.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:24 PM

Texas terminator, got your PM. Thanks.

I did some logging today on the way to work. Pretty much hit all the driving conditions other than a WOT run (traffic sucked)
I saw a max of 2.4* of KR for the whole drive but it stayed under 1.3* most of the time. Well, it stayed at 0 most of the time but when there was KR it was .9 or 1.3 etc....didnt happen enought to concern me. Seems to be happening around the 2-3 shift.
Anyway, anybody know where I have to adjust the TPS% for the PCM to go into Open Loop (OL)? I actually sat at 3psi and 15:1 AFR today until I let off the gas. If I give the pedal a quick stab it drops right into OL but, if I ease into it I can get up to 3psi before OL kicks in and the AFR drops into the 11's as it should.
So what table do I need to look at?

Quick Reply: AFR readings way off between different WB