PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   AFR readings way off between different WB (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/afr-readings-way-off-between-different-wb-371691/)

1SlowHoe 08-09-2006 11:55 AM

AFR readings way off between different WB

Background:
I had the truck dyno tuned using a Dynojet and Wide Band Commander O2. The O2 was calibrated while on the dyno and was reading 14.x at idle. Logging with EFI live. After everything was done, my AFR was set at 11.6-11.8 creeping into 12.0 at the very top (120+ mph)
Yesterday I got my Innovate LC-1 and XD-1 Wide Band hooked up and calibrated. Today on a couple of wot runs I am readin 9.9-10.2 AFR.
The WB commander and my Innovate WB were plugged into the same bung coming off the drivers side, before the cat. Fuel pressure is steady at 60psi.

Question:
What would cause the 2 WB sensors to be so far off? If I adjust, and pull fuel, for my readings I could go boom. Ideas?

dewmanshu 08-09-2006 12:11 PM

ugh, it's crap like this that drives me nuts. Have you contacted Innovative yet?

Eye-P 08-09-2006 04:53 PM

Do a freeair recalibrate on both of the WB's.

1SlowHoe 08-09-2006 05:10 PM

My first post may have been confusing.
The dyno tune was 3 weeks ago.
The "rich" runs with my Innovate were yesterday.
The WB Commander was free air cal'd beore the dyno tune started.
So, its been 3 weeks since the WB Commander was hooked up and the dyno is about 40 miles away so I dont really want to run my 12mpg @ $3.29 per, family tank back over there just to see.
I have no reason to think my Innovate WB is wrong. Would an easy answer be to increase timing a * at a time and see when I run into KR? Or pull fuel?
I dont know that I'm comfortable doing either on my own.:confused: I am only running 17.5-18.0* @ WOT on 7psi so I'm pretty safe. :nod:

foff667 08-09-2006 07:22 PM

so both the WB cmdr & innovate were reading 14.x:1 at idle? and its just at wot theres a discrepancy? Was the WB cmdr installed in the same bung as your innovate?

1SlowHoe 08-09-2006 07:57 PM

Actaully, I just remembered:eyes:
The WB commander and my Innovate were plugged into the same bung, one during the dyno tune and the one I just installed yesterday. I had a plug in the bung the last 3 weeks. I will have to edit my first post. SO...both WB's were in the same place while reading AFR and I'm getting almost a 2 point difference.
Video at 11....

Its hard to hold the camera when you lose traction and then the traction control kicks in. Kinda jerky but, you get the idea. I actually saw some 7.x AFR on the way back when I gave it partial throttle while in 3rd. No downshift, and the AFR went into the 7's:eek2:
http://media.putfile.com/100-1408

454SuperSport 08-09-2006 08:01 PM

what kinda dyno was it tuned on? there can be quite a difference between afr on the dyno and on the street.

1SlowHoe 08-09-2006 08:07 PM

Dyno Jet Dyno, whatever the new one is that can put a load on the truck. I think he said it was at 2%. I dont know what that means.

1SlowHoe 08-09-2006 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by foff667
so both the WB cmdr & innovate were reading 14.x:1 at idle? and its just at wot theres a discrepancy? Was the WB cmdr installed in the same bung as your innovate?

Yes & yes

dewmanshu 08-09-2006 09:12 PM

well, the video makes sense as far as "following" goes. Following being that it seemed very consistent, WOT kept you in 9.x. Letting off or nailing it will get you some strange numbers obviously due to fuel lag or vice a versa.

I guess you have followed the instructions to a "T" right? you've already calibrated? dyno and street is a difference from what understand but not 11.5 to 9.5. That's 2 points as you stated. WIth that much more fuel you'd notice big time in the SOTP meter. DO you feel the difference? It sounds freaking great. Something is wrong, it can't be 9.5.