Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

6.0L 5 speed swap complete. Getting REP error over 5500 RPM and tons of SES Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing that's tough though is the truck starts great, idles great, runs hard up to that point. I just wonder why the REP only happens at that RPM. It does it both on light and heavy throttle positions. I will check the grounds tomorrow after work. Maybe I'll bring my toolbox and work on it at lunch in the parking lot Nothing like a PC tech support guy wearing dress clothes laying under a truck with tools at lunch with executives and vice presidents asking "Hey, what's going on?" - I know they must think by now I'm the company dirtball. LoL
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you throw this on the hptuner forum as well
Old 08-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can send me your HPT file and I will fix that for you if you want
Old 08-11-2008, 05:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Damn, thats awsome Charlie, if I ever decide to tune my new truck I am calling you!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
Did you throw this on the hptuner forum as well
Yes I did, no reponses yet though.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Wheatley

Charlie, you've got mail.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Now that i'm home and can open the tune file...I'm no tuning expert but I do see your cyl volume to be off. Under Engine, General. For a 6.0 it should be 0.74590 instead of 0.60079. I have no idea what this affects but I always make sure it is right when I change engine displacements. Other than that, nothing just jumps out at me with a 2 min. look over. Maybe Charlie can have you whipped into shape soon.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just digging some more and a year or two ago I do remember something about my fueling and issues with not running the PE table. I can't remember if it would go into REP or not though. I've changed so much **** and that was many beers ago. But I do remember I had to re-enable PE and take around 25% out of my VE in my PE cells to get it to act right and tune WOT in the PE table.

Here is my current tune, The VE is no where near perfect though.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Old 08-11-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

I see that too, if you take 6.0L and divide by 8 you get .75. Why wouldn't this have scaled automagically when I changed the displacement from 4.8L to 6.0L? Is it truly necessary to change this or does the displacement drop down menu do this for you behind the scenes? This could be why me VE's are in the upper 130%'s then eh? I thought this motor was just running that good
Old 08-11-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

PROBLEM SOLVED = It may have been one or a combination of things. Here's what I did that solved the issue.

• Increased cyl volume size to 0.74590
  • Under ENGINE DIAG raised the calculated airflow vs. tps vs. RPM to 4.10 (as high as it would go)
  • Increased maximum Delta Airflow to 2.5 times it original size
  • Also increased error map calculated max to 320 in every cell.

Don't know if I can leave these alone as high as they're set but I'm not seeing anything funny while tuning the STFT's and I had 'er up to 6100 RPM without sweat with no REP errors. I still have the same DTC's set in my PCM so I don't know what the hell that's all about. I do want to make one more comment though, I don't know how you guys drive **** like this everyday. This thing is nasty and almost too much for a daily driver. You can't take off hardly without snapping your neck or burning rubber. I went to pass a car with moderate throttle, not WOT in 3rd gear around a gentle curve and you could tell the *** end wanted to break loose and slide. Now I know why a RCSB truck never got a 6.0L in it. It's pretty unsafe.

Quick Reply: 6.0L 5 speed swap complete. Getting REP error over 5500 RPM and tons of SES Lights