Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

2011 Silverado Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Silverado Cruise Control

Just bought a new truck and it doesnt have cruise. Was wondering if its just a wiperarm swap and maybe a tune away? Thanks in advance-
Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-506508/page5/

Start at post# 182

Im sure it will be alittle different on your truck but this will give an idea
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a base model W/T and it came with cruise. Didnt even have a CD player, but I have cruise. I thought it was standard to come with cruise.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Launching!

The man van is what brings this up... I bought the truck the same day I read the post about his cruise.. In that thread they also mention the diesels may be easier because of the lack of throttle body. I called the dealership and am waiting for a reply but in the mean time I would love to figure out what I need. If its just a turn signal arm assy then Im golden. The truck has the LS package- power windows/locks, cd with aux, rubber floor, chrome pkg and no cruise.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Gotta change the airbag clockspring and add the pod on the steering wheel. Then flash bcm for a vehicle with cruise.

The bcm part you may or may not have to do it depends on if the flash internally to bcm it allows or disallows cruise operation based on selected rpo codes. There are some options that just work and others where programming may be required.

You gotta do the first steps and then see if it works if not then have the bcm flashed for a truck w cruise and reflash the radio and lose xm if you have it unless you purchase a new xm module.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Launching!

Thats more what I was thinkin- The local dealership wont call back.. Im goning to see if the dealership I bought it from will install it at cost. I guess a tech2 would come in handy in this situation?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Dealer will probably tell you that can't flash the bcm. There are 2 ways they have to call TAC and see if they will add the cruise rpo code to your vin for a charge or you will have to find a like optioned truck and someone willing to flash it for you.

I bet that once you swap the clockspring and add the steering wheel pod there is a damm good chance the cruise will work automatically. The easiest thing to do would be find a takeoff wheel on ebay that's the nicer leather wrapped one anyways.

Only after doing the above and it not working would I mess with the dealer most aren't interested in helping or have the canned answer nope can't add OEM cruise wont work.

Trending Topics

Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Launching!

Exactly what the told me- its not possible... They even called their tech dept. This is the largest chevy dealer in the area! lol. I found a couple wrapped wheels on 'bay for $175. The dealer wanted to put an aftermarket control on it for $350, Id rather have factory.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Easily do-able just most dealers wont.

Here is what I would do find a VIN for a cruise equipped truck w cruise without steering wheel controls call dealer get the part number for clock spring

Find a VIN for a truck with cruise with steering wheel controls get the part number for clock spring

Use VIN for your truck and see what part number the clockspring is.

If it matches any of the above numbers then get a steering wheel from ebay swap it out and see if it works. If it doesn't then it's just a simple matter of some programming and it will work. If it doesn't after this drop me a pm.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:42 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you do need a clock spring, they are pricey. Looking forward to hearing if this works!

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Cruise Control