Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

06 Silverado cruise from 91 Silverado column

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 06 Silverado cruise from 91 Silverado column

That's confusing...lol

This is what I have: a '06 Silverado 5.3/4L65e going into a '79 FSJ which has an upgraded '91 silverado uper steering column fited to the original '79 lower steering column (had to do that for fit/shaft length issues...now resolved).

Here is the problem...I need to interface the ('91) CC control lever wireing to my '06 swap which is DBW.

Where do the column cruise wires go to?

The '91 cruise wires from the stalk are red, green, lite blue and yellow.

I'm totaly stumped...calling all experts on the cruise control design and operation.

Thanks in advance...
Old 03-23-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Cut a pigtail off a 88-94 chevy truck that plugs into the cruise stalk harness

pink wire hook up to ign 12v in cab
cruise on/off slider gray wire at stalk goes to gray pin 14 at tac module
cruise set dk blue at stalk goes to dk blue pin 4 at tac module
resume/accel dk green at stalk goes to gray/black pin 5 at tac module

as long as all brake switch inputs have been hooked up correctly it will work as wired above.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Smile Thanks thanks thanks

01WS6/tamu you have come through again. So these cruise wires get wired to the TAC not the PCM...Cool.

Only one question re: wire colors.

My wire colors from the stalk are: red/yellow/green/lite blue so I'm still not sure what to do.

I don't have grey or pink wires
Old 03-24-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Veteran

The wires you have are the actual flat cable wire colors. They terminate in a little flat plug that looks like it has solder tracks. On the truck side there is a square plug that this flat board slips into and that is where the wire colors I mentioned above comes from. You can go to any yard to find the plug on any 82-94 chevy truck, burban blazer baby blazer s10.

You can always cut the little flat plug off but the wires are so tiny they are a bitch to solder and get a reliable connection.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up Thanks Again

You

Got it...I'll try to find a yard harness I can surgiclly remove the cruise wire from. 10-4 on trying to solder to the flat plug no, no, no...

Tough enough soldering the tiny wires as is.

So in summery I don't need to worrie about my multi lever CC wire color's.

Just make sure I use your dash CC harness colors get wired to the TAC pins you specified above...
Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 PM
TECH Veteran

yeah buddy
Old 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Exclamation

Hey ...TAMU,

I was checking my junk 06 5.3 dbw wire harness and found the following Pink is #7 pin, gray is #14 pin, dark blue is #4 pin and Pin #5 is gray w/blk stripe....Drk Green is pin #1...please clarify.

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu

as long as all brake switch inputs have been hooked up correctly it will work as wired above.
Rut Ro....More to this than I thought...brake switch inputs???

I'm using my stock 79 brake pedal...how whould I interface that? What do I need to do that???

Last edited by snowshoejeep; 03-29-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Pin 6 at the TAC module needs 12V with the brake applied from stop lamp sw
N/O contacts that go N/C when pedal is depressed

Pin 33 connector C1 at the PCM needs 12V ignition that runs through a set of N/C contacts in the brake switch that will open when the pedal is depressed. Exact opposite N/C contacts that go N/O w pedal depressed.

The pcm has to see one set of contacts open while one set of contacts closes simultaneously or the PCM and TAC will deny cruise operation.

I'm sure your jeep uses the old style gm type switch that has the round barrel that pushes through an hole and rests against the brake pedal and when you press the pedal the contact point leaves the pedal arm and lights turn on.

If my memory serves me and all data is correct any 93 up f-body car uses a stoplight switch that has both a set of NO and NC contacts all contained in one switch. find a Fbody grab the switch and the electrical connector remove your stock jeep switch push in the fbody switch and wire it up and it will all work.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Exclamation

Help!!! TAMU
Old 03-29-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Pretty simple go back and read the above post. You essentially need two inputs from brake switch's to make your cruise work one circuits contacts close when you step on brake and the other circuits contacts open when you step on brake.

A camaro or firebird uses the correct switch that will also fit your jeep remove your jeep switch push in the camaro switch wire it up and it all works. You've done the hard part you are on the down hill.

You just need two more circuits and you are good to go. When you get a camaro or firebird stoplamp switch and electrical connector I'll tell you what to hook up where at the switch.

N/C means normally closed switch contacts
N/O means normally open switch contacts

I explained out because I can wire something up easier when I know how it actually works and what it does and this is how some prefer to have it explained as opposed to telling someone hook this up here then there and so on and so forth.

Quick Reply: 06 Silverado cruise from 91 Silverado column