Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

2004 GMC RCSB Regency RST Chip Foose Truck for Sale!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there's a guy around here with a like paint job as yours, nice truck, good luck with your sale
Old 12-26-2006, 04:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
I wouldn't go that far but sweet ride none the less.

TTT
who can do 60-160 in faster than 7 seconds on here? I think it would help his sale if he did have the fastest truck on here(as long as there's proof), but by all means please prove me wrong.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
who can do 60-160 in faster than 7 seconds on here? I think it would help his sale if he did have the fastest truck on here(as long as there's proof), but by all means please prove me wrong.
That kind of debate does not belong here. He has a very fast and nice truck. I don't doubt it would do 60-160 in 7 seconds. A very nice truck to whomever buys it. I'd love to own it
Old 12-29-2006, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
That kind of debate does not belong here. He has a very fast and nice truck. I don't doubt it would do 60-160 in 7 seconds. A very nice truck to whomever buys it. I'd love to own it
TurboGibbs is right, I know it is not the fastest truck on here(That would be Mr. Parish) and alot of your guys trucks are faster in the quarter mile than our truck. Traction is an issue and the trany ratio also kill the acceleration of this truck. The 60-160 in 7 seconds was just a referrence to its ability to accelerate when traction issues are taken out of the picture. And i would also like to appalogize for any missinterpreted info here. it was actually 6.2seconds to go from 62-152mph. I went of of the scan tool data but it 10mph off the dyno data across the board(guess we should recalibrate the tire size ) The actual only thing missing from the equation is areo drag but I compensated for it with the load cell at 10-15% load applied. Yes it is an exceptional nice truck but it looks like we are going to endup taking the LS6 out and putting the 4.8L back in with the charger and selling it like that for around 45K. It won't be as fast but it will still be fast for a street truck. And don't even ask me to go log it agian on the street because I'm not that crazy.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 GMC RCSB Regency RST Chip Foose Truck for Sale!!!!!-1.jpg   2004 GMC RCSB Regency RST Chip Foose Truck for Sale!!!!!-2.jpg  
Old 12-31-2006, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

nice truck, too bad ur limited to 1/4 times because it makes it look like it's not that fast with a 13.2 1/4 time. I guess your top end is amazing tho.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:06 PM
Banned

why 10k more for a speed trans
Old 01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Allstar55566
nice truck, too bad ur limited to 1/4 times because it makes it look like it's not that fast with a 13.2 1/4 time. I guess your top end is amazing tho.
Yes, the quarter mile times suck. The big brake kit kills the rim selection and slick selection. We were forced to run some 8x17 slicks they just don't get the job done. It spins them in all four gears and you are basically driving it across the stripe sideways. Not to mention it was turning the rims inside of the slicks. It actually turns about the same time on the twentys but it takes forever to get them to somewhat hookup and go. The main reason for the ten grand tag for the trany swap is that the trany we were going to put in is a complete custom built 750FTlb+ viper trany with special ratios for this truck and the setup. We were going to couple it with an aluminum flywheel and a spec cintered iron race /street clutch to harness the power. Yes the top end is amazing in this truck as it will accerate from 50-150 faster than most vehicles can do there 0-60 runs. I have built alot of supercharged and turbocharged vehicles including two supercharged C5's and they didn't pull topend as fast as this truck does. It makes my 425Hp TSI look like a turd topend but I can kill him out of the hole and then he goes flying past me at 100mph like I am just sitting still. This IMO is the greatest part of this truck, it is a blast to do highway speed burnouts past mustangs and SRT4's and f-bodies. I will post a vidoe of it hopefully in the next two weeks and it will sum everything up for you guys.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Very nice truck. Wish it was mine. Good luck on the sale.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very nice 12 second truck with traction you have there. I wouldn't get too carried away with that top speed though, or you're gonna get called out by the big boys here.
Good luck with the sale! Someone will get a nice quick everyday driver here.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wanna see video. I'm gonna have to raise the flag on this one until then.

Dyno sheets would be nice too. 500hp on stock heads is pretty stout!

Quick Reply: 2004 GMC RCSB Regency RST Chip Foose Truck for Sale!!!!!