THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Wine

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Wine

forgot how much I liked the stuff.... I had some Tin Roof Cabernet sauvignon last night... tonight its Robert Mondavi riesling... I envy some of you guys in California. Tons of excellent vinyards out there... What do you guys like if any... and why??

Discuss...
Old 11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i dont like wine anymore, not since we went to france and the only thing to drink was wine so everybody was double-fisting bottles of the stuff for 6-8 hours straight. 10+ bottles of wine in about 4 hours for me is all it took for me to stop liking it.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

i like most red whines but im weird and have to drink it COLD! hot red wine is discusting. drink too much of any whine red or white and the hangover the next day will drive you back to beer
Old 11-29-2007, 05:41 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like red wine. Cold or room temp either way.
my grandpa made some plum wine a few years back and 1 cup was enough for me. My throat burned for a good 4 days.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can handle some barley wine...
Old 11-29-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Veteran

My gf and I have just recently got in to wine tasting. I know it may seem hard to believe, but AZ has a **** ton of vineyards. At about 5000ft the climate is right, so a lot of people make use of thier land that way. I live in the middle of a hot *** city, but an hour away there are about 10 different vineyards with thier own selection of reds and whites. I prefer whites like pinots, reislings etc. One vineyard here in Page Springs about an hour north of Phx sells and makes Caduceus wine which is Maynard of Tool's own personal wine. Now that is some barely ****.

One motto around here is that Napa makes autoparts, AZ makes wine.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by truckmann
I can handle some barley wine...
Old 11-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

I like to match wine to the meal... I dont know why...

I like merlot's and cabernet's with beef, or darker meats and a pinot, or riesling with chicken or seafood... some drier wines are better with certain meats and vegetables as well.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LMAO...I guess I'll give up I am wine ***. I've been to NAPA and Sonoma. I have drank a **** load of wines, lots...you cannot beat the Argentina Wines. The acidity and atmosphere makes for some great ****. INCREDIBLE and waaay cheaper than american or ******* french wines.

silver...expand your pallet. Swear off merlots, and start trying other reds with meats. The darker and juicer the red meat, the darker and juicer the red wine. A syrah with a thick juicy *** (bloody) steak...man...**** a merlot. Try mixes, a cabbie and pinot noir mix...mmm mmm.

Whites are easy to pair with food. If you really dive into whites wines, how they are barrelled is what will make your mind up. Barrelled only in stainless steel? French Oak? mix, steel and oak? how much of a mix?

The best cabbies have aged in the bottle for 7 to 9 years. The best Pinot Noirs 5 to 9 years. The younger a red the "tarter" or "harder" the bite. Whites will start to fail after 4 yrs so get a bottle 3 to 4 yrs old for some good ****. Of course all of this hindges on if the wine maker is any good.

I really don't like any of Robert Mondavi's stuff. Great winery though. LOL I am a wine club member of Goosecross (LOl just thought of that hair loss commercial). Expensive but good ****. GOOD! Plus they are the only winery that has found a way to ship to Maryland. Virginia probably has some of the best wineries around the east coast.

Okay, gayness done. Back to truck ****. LOL
Old 11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
LMAO...I guess I'll give up I am wine ***. I've been to NAPA and Sonoma. I have drank a **** load of wines, lots...you cannot beat the Argentina Wines. The acidity and atmosphere makes for some great ****. INCREDIBLE and waaay cheaper than american or ******* french wines.

silver...expand your pallet. Swear off merlots, and start trying other reds with meats. The darker and juicer the red meat, the darker and juicer the red wine. A syrah with a thick juicy *** (bloody) steak...man...**** a merlot. Try mixes, a cabbie and pinot noir mix...mmm mmm.

Whites are easy to pair with food. If you really dive into whites wines, how they are barrelled is what will make your mind up. Barrelled only in stainless steel? French Oak? mix, steel and oak? how much of a mix?

The best cabbies have aged in the bottle for 7 to 9 years. The best Pinot Noirs 5 to 9 years. The younger a red the "tarter" or "harder" the bite. Whites will start to fail after 4 yrs so get a bottle 3 to 4 yrs old for some good ****. Of course all of this hindges on if the wine maker is any good.

I really don't like any of Robert Mondavi's stuff. Great winery though. LOL I am a wine club member of Goosecross (LOl just thought of that hair loss commercial). Expensive but good ****. GOOD! Plus they are the only winery that has found a way to ship to Maryland. Virginia probably has some of the best wineries around the east coast.

Okay, gayness done. Back to truck ****. LOL

Its all good Dewey... my mom called my a "wine snob" last night... I dont guess I'm as deep off in the **** as you are but I do definitely enjoy a good glass... I was thinking about trying a blend this weekend. Its not near as expensive as everyone thinks either. Its actually about the same as buying the average amount of beer or other favorite liquor and mixer we would require anyway

Too bad I'm leaving VA in about 9 days... moving back to Texas. Central TX has some pretty good wineries from what I hear though...

Quick Reply: Wine