THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

whats your bottom dollar ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default whats your bottom dollar ?

why do so many of you jackasses on here look at a man's build sheet, photos and info on his truck.. then see a clear asking price on what he feels like he wants for his truck he doesnt want to sell... and then the first damn question you want to ask is whats the least i can **** you out of this for ?

pisses me off when i read that, and i already read that three times on here in just a few minutes. thats all i got when i sold mine too. WTF morons.

discuss
Old 09-20-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think some people don't have much common sense but then again, all people have their price......everyone wants to make money, if you don't you are a moron but most everyone prices higher than what they would take and most will accept a less offer for what they are selling.......idk just sounds like a buncha jewin going on haha!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

did you ever sell yours buddy ?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

naw still ridding in it! Love it right now but still for sale!!!! Considering a vette of some sort for trade but not sure yet!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

i gotcha ! i am looking for something else myself. thinking of going with an SUV this time around
Old 09-20-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

and back to my rant, the people that ask about the bottom dollar **** never even make an offer. they just ask to satisfy curiosity i assume ? stupid bastards. they low ball you, but hav no money to actually make purchase of the vehicle.

i guess it just feels cool to ask a man something like that and degrade what he is trying to sell, with no intent of buying it. Pffft
Old 09-20-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sickREDsierra
and back to my rant, the people that ask about the bottom dollar **** never even make an offer. they just ask to satisfy curiosity i assume ? stupid bastards. they low ball you, but hav no money to actually make purchase of the vehicle.

i guess it just feels cool to ask a man something like that and degrade what he is trying to sell, with no intent of buying it. Pffft
People who ask that have no negotiation skills. With as many things as I sell, I get that question all the time. It doesn't upset me(that would be silly).

I just respond with something to the tune of: "Well right now I"m asking $xxx, but you're welcome to make an offer if you'd like."

Don't get mad next time man, just realize that you immediately have the upper hand in the negotiation process, and use it to your advantage.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to selling goods and services, theres really no reason to get so worked up about it though.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
14 Second Truck Club

You can put their minds at ease really quickly by simply restating your original asking price if that's truly what you want to get for it!

But as far as the bargaining or haggling part, it will always be there, it's really just a common form of negotiation so if you are selling some thing just be prepared for it.

Now what I truly despise and pisses me off to no end is when I see some one doing the bargaining and haggling to some one who is in a "must sell" situation because of any number of unfortunate events...then that person could truly be trying to be an opportunist and really take advantage of some one and their situation.

I have bought things I didn't even need before for what a seller in that situation was asking just so some dumb *** slouch wouldn't get it for next to nothing and if I didn't end up with the item then the other guy was at least forced to pay a fair asking price to get it.

Another thing to consider is that a lot of people ask that question because they have some money, but probably not enough and want to see exactly what you want to determine if it is even plausible for them to attempt to get the rest of the money or make an offer close to what your asking.

And finally there are the asswipes out there too who are just asking to ask and have no interest.

In any event I hope you get what your asking for your truck!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Selling things that have a large emotional investment by the owner is always tricky. I cant tell you how many hours ive worked on my truck and how much blood and sweat ive spent on it, but in the end someone looking to buy it doesnt really care. How much is all of that work really worth to the owner....

Quick Reply: whats your bottom dollar ?