THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Trade the Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trade the Camaro?

First off let me say GM got it right when they did the 2010/11 Camaro SS, she handles wonderfully for muscle car, gobs of power for a bonestock car, nice ride, you can tell they really stepped up there game with this car.

But to no fault of GM Im not 100% happy with the Camaro simply because its not a truck Sure it attracts the ladies, shes fast and all, but it isnt practical, Im not one to constantly swerve around potholes, watch out for steep driveways and curbes when parking, Ive always owned a truck and this is my first car.

So I guess Im thinking about trading the car in for a used gmc denali or an 06-07 LBZ duramax diesel or simply a new rcsb sierra z71

What do you guys think? keep in mind I can only drive the camaro about 6 months of the year. A lower monthly payment is just an extra perk Ive been thinking about

Thanks gents
Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll trade you my truck plus a whole case of beer and a box of ramen....
Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
i'll trade you my truck plus a whole case of beer and a box of ramen....
Damn, now that's a good deal you just can't pass up! lol
Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
something else

Keep the car, you all ready have a truck. Get another beater truck, like a K5 again if you feel the need. I think you'll regret getting rid of the car. IMO.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

The reason Im considering another truck is i love the practicality of it, and right now my truck needs ALOT of work to stay road worthy, and Ill need something for winter, Im not a fan of beaters, Ill think this over long and hard though
Old 07-01-2011, 12:14 AM
I hate my cats

I'm a big fan of the new Camaros, but I agree, having a summer car in Canada kinda sucks. I've got a metric **** ton of money into my Olds, but I've barely touched it in the past 3 years cause it'll probably see 2000 miles a year at best if I ever finish it. And I think I might get shouted down for this, but I also think diesels are for cowboys and oil riggers who get free fuel. Dare I say, even less practical than a Camaro in the cold months? My vote goes to the SD. Those will always be my favorite trucks.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

SD?? It gets cold around here but rarely cold enough for a new diesel to have trouble starting. Always wanted a diesel but Im not decided on one, theres a few nice rcsb z71 5.3 6speeds around at the dealers, and with the $12,000 discount im having trouble not considering them seriously
Old 07-02-2011, 11:04 PM
I hate my cats

Sierra Denali. Ya, I thought about that after I typed, and I guess it doesn't get that cold out there on the east coast. It's always funny driving past the bars around here on a Friday night in January and there are about 30 diesels rattling away in the parking lot without anyone in them! A six speed RCSB would def be rad modded.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep the camaro.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I remember reading thread like a week before you got the camaro, damn you were excited.... didn't see this coming at all.

Quick Reply: Trade the Camaro?