THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Stupid wreck stories anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid wreck stories anyone?

We are all friends here for the most part and i thought to myself, "Beau, we write neverending stories and share other useless info on here, why not get some stooopid wreck stories." So if everyone is too bashful then im gonna pony up and let yall hear mine.

Driving to my females beauty pagent about a year ago and turned down the road it was to be held on. Me being the shitty navigator that i am, missed the damn turn. I had to turn around in a driveway of a business. Well im looking at the building and how i need to turn around when all of a sudden im thrown forward and hit my steering wheel. I look in disbeleif at the lightpole surrounded by a concretefilled steal structure that my truck is delightfully up against. MOTHER GOOSE!!! Then i hear a big BOOM!!!! that would be the transformer that is connected to the pole. I say oh ****!! and back out and haul *** to the pagent and park where nobody can see the bumper butting up to my tire and the yellow paint transfer and dent in my hood. I being a little pissed off walk into the pagent and there are no lights on!! OOPS! My girlfriends parents thought it was quite comical and we didnt say a word. Mrs. United States was there and the whole pagent was delayed for an hour because of me!!!

Ok i ponied up to a very embarassing story...anybody got another?
Old 11-12-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha! oh wow... thts great. I cant even compare to that... but before my rear end and gear swap... i slid around a corner trying to show off to a car that was tailgating me and i ended up spinning around and landing UP an embankment... i got out and at first i was like.. okay, no damage so i got back in and tried to back out... my bumper was lodged in the ground and i couldnt move up or back. So i got out again to look at my mangled tail pipes eating the dirt and than i saw a HUGE *** dent... i was trying to figure out what the hell i hit... apparently I hit a sign... it was a pointless sign... it read something like "no pedestrians/bikes on highway"... it was commical just bc i hit the only thing that was on that side of the shoulder for miles and it was a worthless sign that no one has probably ever realized was there... end result... $900 to fix

... oh and btw, the sign still hasnt been replaced, it still lays in the dirt 3 months later, lol.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

I've been fortunate enough to have had several close calls, but never any real damage. I'll share what I thought to be funny at the time, but know realize it was quite stupid.

My Junior year I was taking a buddy of mine home after school. It was like the first or second day of classes. I'd just got done going through all the mechanicals in my MGB ( 71, steel bumper car, absolutely gorgeous ) and hadn't really run the cobwebs out yet. Well, he gets in and says the words we've all heard before:

"What'll she do?"

So we went hauling *** outta the parking heading south. Bout a 1/2 mile down the road there's an intersection with a 4 way stop, and about 200 yds before the intersection, there's a small rise in the road. Just enough that you can't see the intersection until you go over the rise. Remember that.
Well, I'm runnin hot heading for this intersection. Got to thinkin maybe I should slow down some, only to quickly talk myself out of that idea. My thinking was with brand new brake pads, and a racing compound at that, I'd have plenty of time to stop after we crested the rise.

As long as there was no traffic.

So, we're comin up on the rise right as I pull 4th gear at 7 grand, which was only about 80 mph ( thank god that car wasn't any faster ). Crested the rise....

Awww ****.

8 cars in line at the stop sign, a girlfriend of mine in her 3000GT being the last one in line.

So, I went into "not gonna die" mode. Threw it back into third hard enough to squall the tires. Looked at the ditch. No go, pole in the way. Looked at the left lane. Hey, that's open. Took the left lane. Long story short, I slid past 6 cars with all four locked up before I came to a stop almost bumper to bumper with a girl in an Explorer that didn't see my emergency manuver. The best part was where I stopped was just past a driveway, so I put it in Reverse, backed in, and turned on my left blinker like nothing even happened. The next day, the entire school it seemed was looking at me like I was a crazy man, which I guess I kinda was. Only bad part of it all was I had to get 4 new tires. 200 feet of skid marks. Flat spotted those ****'s like you wouldn't believe.

Sorry for the novel.

Rob
Old 11-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Like 16 years ago my dad was coming home from work in a new Blazer*company car* and he spilled his coffee on his lap. Looked down at his pants and then looked up again not a second later. There was a HUGE goose in the road that didn't want to move so my dad slams the brakes and tries to stop but instead he skids on the ice and rolls it and takes out a pole. He gets out of the truck and the goose then flies away. It happened in the country so he had to walk a mile to the nearest farm house, call a towtruck and the police. He said he had a wonderful country dinner as he waited for the police but the car was totaled completely.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:04 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

last weekend....gave the truck the gas showing off and hit a little gravel and sand in the street at the top of 1st. tires spun out from under me, lost control and smacked a curb pretty hard on the front side. it put a tiny flat spot in my rim(im pissed). the worst part was that there was about 15 people to witness the mishap
Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 PM
12 Second SUV Club

well one day i was driving around my hood when i c a 5.0(i was in a turning lane when i noticed him)well my light turns green and i stomp n it makin a left turn when bam i got tboned myt dumbass didnt notice the redlight in the intersection ******* road construction sucks ***
Old 11-12-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Damn i got a bunch, I had just turned 15, only a permit, mom was in FL w/my brother (he was going to school) my dad was at work (truck driver). I had just got my jeep cherokee about 2 months earlier and hadnt' got to drive it much b/c i didn't have my license. Well i go pick up one of my lady friends and we go to basketball game, i go drop her off and nail it leaving her house, well it's reaching the top of 2nd and i'm holdin it in there, it's a floor shift automatic so most the time i could just slap it and it go into 3rd and keep going, well i slap the **** out of it and i see it jump all the way into reverse going close to 70, it locks down and i end up doing a shitload of donuts in a field and i finally hit something. It had stalled, put it in neutral, crunk it up, drove home. no damage to anything cept grass in between the tire and rim and it was leaking air. Different story, same jeep. Been raining a little bit, was at a red light next to my buddy with a jacked up yoda on 35's. Well the jeep was a peg leg SOMETIMES, this time when i nail it off line it hits that very slippery white line and catches posi, slings me sideways and i bounce off his big *** tires and hold it straight. The day after i was leaving my school, took a left at a red light, nailed it about half way through and it spun me around and left me perfectly in the other turning lane. So many more, but i never did any major damage in any of them, so i'll stop there.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was 16, in my '79 Silverado, and decided to take a left turn down a dirt road a little fast. My dumb *** didn't realize it had just rained and lost control, sideswiped a barb-wire fence, jumped a culvert, and then stopped half way in a ditch. I tried to drive out...no luck, so I threw it in 1st....nothing. I got out and noticed that half of my rear end was buried in the mud. It got worse, I had to walk 2 miles home and it started raining. I got home, soaking wet, and called the wrecker. He had to bring his "big-rig" tow truck and I still had to get in and help drive it out. I just washed the mud off and no problems. Damn, I miss that old truck!! I gave it hell and it kept going.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:11 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a stupid one not too exciting though. I was at a friends apt complex in my 02 S-10 with LIMO tinted windows well the damn gate wouldnt open so I threw it in reverse and gave it the gas to back up and BAM I back into a black 99 mustang GT

It was dark as hell and I couldnt see the damn car cause he was pulled up so close behind my bumper.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Hell yea. I knew we had some idiot moves on here and that it wasnt just me!!!! or is it

Quick Reply: Stupid wreck stories anyone?