THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

So what your next projects on your truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ordering some PRC heads tomorrow
hopefully install once they arrive + some under drive pulleys.
getting a PML trans pan and tru cool 40k for christmas and i'm planning to finally install the headlights I cleared like 4 months ago
Old 12-01-2013, 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beatdown Z
I want to hit low 11's in my turbo rcsb. That will take more practice at the strip, some tuning, and a good bit of weight reduction. I also want to start doing some color-matching and **** to make it look a little better...
While u are turbo & not blower, your plans are similar to mine. I'd love to see 11.3-11.8 E.T.'s.
I know I need tuning & traction.
Some track time, & shed weight would help me do that.
Mine needs appearance mods after someone ran into my front end & messed up my bumper, bumper cap & lower valance. In an unrelated incident, my lower driver's boxside has damage. I may just deal w/. looks, as it drives fine, just not 100% beauty queen; & address performance 1st.

Originally Posted by quez82
... Currently going on and finishing:
3. Mock up turbo setup but noticing it takes alot of damn time, and might ask someone to do it for me. I have all the pipe sitting in my garage and no time to do it. I currently had mid-mount and threw it all away and now going front mount.
6. Waiting on turbo blanket
7. Waiting on input shaft from Time2kill, ...
9. Need to add dual nozzle meth, but need to look for an extra solenoid and nozzle.
10. Need segment swap but I believe I know someone that can do it
11. Tune truck and break it all in, and get ready for track days.

Damn, that is alot, holy crap I need help.
If I may, why did u toss the whole mid mount as opposed to selling to offset cost of further mods?

Sounds like some of your stuff is waitin on parts to arrive. I understand not havin time all too well. Not havin $ is the other main cause for some people. Those who have both issues goin on, it's a long road to completing things, but that much sweeter when done.

black00chev said it's pretty sad when u gain 40hp via cam swap & milled heads, but run a full second & 5 mph slower then your times before the work was done.

I know the feeling, sorta. I expected to chop a sec or more after blower went on. But tuning was never spot on, & traction needs fixin. I didn't get slower, just don't believe I reached the potential of truck.

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I am thinking my next project is going to be Hydro boost and new stainless hard lines.
Are the hard lines in poor shape on a vehicle that's a garage queen?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I'd really like to do is stuff a big brake kit on, get new wheels & tires at some point, but need to decide how big for rims. Thinkin 18"s, but can't use as big of a brake as a 20" would allow. I fear a 20" will disrupt my handling that I so value, while havin an adverse affect on my straight line performance. I don't have any engineering contacts nor can I get a solid answer from say Baer on this dilemma of mine. I know I want a lot of things at same time while not sacrificing in another category but may have to pick. I don't have deep pockets, so I can't just buy some 14" Baers, get some 18" wheel / tire combo, test it out / evaluate. Then repeat the same w/. 15" Baers & 20's. I may just say **** on it & go 20's route.
They're may be a cheaper way but I can't see giving up something (looks, braking, etc.), & I've already projected the cost.

It's always been my dream to craft my truck in this manner (to have best 1/4 while braking & handling & looks are at their highest level). A 11.3-11.7 sec truck is my end goal.

I plan to eventually rip it all apart & paint it after sheetmetal & aesthetics are addressed & take it away from DD use so I can keep it lookin at its finest & minimalize idiots to mess it up (read accidents). It's a lofty goal, or a set of them.

After the Maggie install, I thought Hydroboost & Baers, cause I don't trust brakes in an all out panic situation, & Hydroboost may be what the Dr. ordered.

Lots of stuff. It always seems to be a while I upgrade this...
Or while I'm in there / at it ...

I think my more short term goals are tune, pulleys, meth, make gauge mount & install gauges, address traction. Small nitrous kit in the 50-75hp range perhaps.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Tom, it was a daily driver the first 3 years I had it.