THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

So I have been driving an 06 rclb ram at work

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The chassis feel of the truck just feels better than my Z when I hit bumps it soaks them up better and feels firmer. Honestly if they do come out with HPT for HEMI dodge trucks then I may pick up an 04 I really like how it drives and cant imagine how a truck with 200 more hp than my work truck and better handling would be for a DD. They truely are nice trucks but I still am in love with my Z and always will be. Driving the dodge has just made me have a bit more respect for their company. I will say this their AC SUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I was sweating my *** of today even with it on high. We have 4 06 trucks in the fleet and 2 have already been back for AC service one only had 1500 miles on it when everything except high went out. I didnt see the problem with that since mine stays on high anyway but whatever. Dodge needs to get their #### together on the AC thing but other than that I dont really have any complaints other than it being the basic work truck of course. The brakes saved me today too, I had a bed full of concrete test cylinders and a B***H cut me off bad and I had to slam on the brakes HARD and I dented the #### out of the front off the bed when the concrete went flying but I didnt hit her
Old 04-18-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how your posts use the cartoon-esque $#@%@ in them
Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03
I like how your posts use the cartoon-esque $#@%@ in them
LMFAO!!!!
His computer is gay!!!!! or politically correct.
Dodge boy!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by mjhoward
LMFAO!!!!
His computer is gay!!!!! or politically correct.
Dodge boy!
I know right? In highschool there was a dude that we knew that loved mopar. His old man and him had 20 classic mopars and one day all of his buds came to school with "**** MOPAR" stickers on the back of their cars. It was funny as hell....Guess you had to be there....

Hey Cody, switchin sides bitch? Almost as bad as a title saying...."So ive been driving a Honda Civic Hatchback to work..." Go **** up a rope and get those nasty mopar feelings out of your head.

Oh and BTW.....JFWY
Old 04-19-2006, 04:24 PM

Say all you want, the gas that I burn in the **** is free to and from work so
Old 04-19-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

we got a 05 ram here that i use as my work truck and im with cody on this one. those dodge trucks have soooo much more room than any chevy truck ive had. mine has the 4.7 and its pretty much a dog but it does ok. rides much nicer than the last truck i had and especially better than the one i got now.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Weird.
My dads crew cab dodge CTD is very uncomfortable...
I love the cummins engine and it goes pretty good, but the dodge is just horrible. Only other thing I like about the dodges is the ease of the column shifter, but besides that, GM anyday.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

I have em both in my driveway.... the Chevy gets left behind most days...

TJ
Old 04-19-2006, 07:47 PM

I had a 95 EC Silverado when I bought 00 EC Silverado, the 00 was much improved over the 95. My 04 QC Hemi Ram was much improved over my 00 EC Silverado. I made a post on LS1 TECH about a month after I bought it. I posted it handled better, rode better, by far braked better, turned tighter and stock for stock, the Hemi Ram was quicker the the 5.3L Silverado. That was two years ago now and I have no idea how my Ram compares to an 06 Silverado but I still like it very much. I've got the three basics for mods, tuner, CAI and exhaust, last time at the track I ran a 14.76.. My 00 Silverado with the same the mods, tuner, CAI and exhaust ran a 15.21 at the same track. I know, what about the weather and temp? Both were in March so it couldn't have been to warm but I really don't remember the weather for the Silverado. So far, I like the Ram better than I did either Silverado. No flame, just fact.
Jim
Old 04-19-2006, 09:07 PM

c.nash thats because your dads truck is a 3/4 ton or 1 ton thats why it rides rougher and drives worse. Drive a 1/2 ton hands down a better driver than a chevy/gmc IMO but I still like m Z dont get me wrong.

Quick Reply: So I have been driving an 06 rclb ram at work