THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Serious question, How to almost a train horn.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Serious question, How to almost a train horn.

I don't want a 150db train horn on my pickup, because I think they are obnoxious and childish for those who don't need to signal somebody a half mile away, BUT I REALLY WANT a 145 db horn that's in Al Pacino's voice that yells, "GET OFF YOUR PHONE!." There has to be somebody tech savvy enough to make this happen.

1. Yes I'm serious about I would LOVE to put this on my pickup.
2. Being on the phone while driving - I blame most of it on self-centered douchebags that thanks to tiktok and instagram, think everyone wants to know what they are doing at every moment. Without exaggerating, I would honestly say ON AVERAGE, its 3-5 people PER MILE, that can't drive in their lane, break heavy and are late on both pedals. I wanted to rip the little Asian girl out of her car when she is doing 25 in a 45, up hill, on a single lane road, with all the traffic behind her, and I have to drop it in to first. Then when it goes to two lanes, and I pass her, she still has her head in her phone. This is why I want all of them to get self-driving vehicles. Why I want all of them to have their phones tracked so they have to put em down while driving. How bad is it where you live?
The following users liked this post:
strutaeng (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

It's horrible here as well. So many damn idiots on the road screwing around with their phones. It looks like it's getting worse. It's not even funny.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:10 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

I've always wanted a rough-around-the-edges W250 with a 6bt and a fat *** iron bumper to take care of that. Sometimes physically pushed off the road just seems like the best option.
The following 2 users liked this post by smokeshow:
Richardman1992 (01-29-2023), zz454Chevelle67 (01-27-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 404 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I've always wanted a rough-around-the-edges W250 with a 6bt and a fat *** iron bumper to take care of that. Sometimes physically pushed off the road just seems like the best option.
My wife literally asked me for that very truck 7 yrs ago. She said "and I want to to smoke like hell" lol. She is dangerous in my Duramax.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,173 Likes on 893 Posts

It is super easy. Just need a megaphone and a switch to play the sound.

It isn't so bad. I go really slow nowadays though so if someone is going slower than me I can normally survive. I don't do a lot of driving though.
strutaeng (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

I drive a lot. Mostly at night. I lose count of how many people I see each night that are drunk/distracted/stoned, driving the wrong way on one-way streets (and every now and then on the freeway), headlights off (sometimes not even with DRL's just OFF no lights at all), running red lights, 40-45 mph on the freeway with nobody impeding them driving at a more reasonable speed, (or on the other hand, 90+ mph), can't maintain a lane, suddenly turning left from the center of a 4-5 lane major street, I could go on and on...

Each passing moment I hate people more and more. I feel like there's "something in the water" but it's much worse than that. I really do believe the past few years have really broken society. People just don't give a damn. And on top of that, lots of them are overmedicated - whether illicitly, or through "prescription" crap they got by simply asking for it, because that seems to be all it takes these days.

Makes it rough on those of us that drive for a living.

Richard
The following 3 users liked this post by someotherguy:
Richardman1992 (01-29-2023), strutaeng (01-27-2023), zz454Chevelle67 (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 765 Likes on 535 Posts

I call the cops on people driving that bad. I don't have time for that.
strutaeng (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,173 Likes on 893 Posts

I've called the police on a few drivers. One was a guy doing 50 in my neighborhood's main street. **** that guy.

I think I've done it like twice after that but I can't remember what it was for.
strutaeng (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 10:24 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Makes me glad I work from home now

Sometimes violence is the answer. Oh and as someone that literally had 150db+ train horns, they are super effective and highly obnoxious. Not the little ebay/china ones, but real ones (Nathan or Leslie typically). The ones on the right are Nathan K3s and the left is the ebay/china "train horn". The real ones vibrate your soul, just look at that throat girth and diaphragm size

Old 01-27-2023, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by someotherguy
I feel like there's "something in the water" but it's much worse than that. I really do believe the past few years have really broken society. People just don't give a damn.

Richard
Is this another thing to blame on Covid? People stopped driving as much, and lost their skill. Maybe some got scared and need to keep in touch with their loved one more. Stuck in their homes, and needed to keep in touch with friends, family, work, and developed a dependency on their phones. Thought if there is one more serious risk from covid, that getting in a car wreck has dropped a spot on the list.

Originally Posted by someotherguy
I drive a lot. Mostly at night. I lose count of how many people I see each night that are drunk/distracted/stoned, driving the wrong way on one-way streets (and every now and then on the freeway), headlights off (sometimes not even with DRL's just OFF no lights at all), running red lights, 40-45 mph on the freeway with nobody impeding them driving at a more reasonable speed, (or on the other hand, 90+ mph), can't maintain a lane, suddenly turning left from the center of a 4-5 lane major street, I could go on and on...

Makes it rough on those of us that drive for a living.
Richard
My 3 worst people on the road are:
1. The POS that speeds up for no other reason than to block someone from passing them and going on their way. How tiny is you baby ***** that you feel the need to stop somebody from going around you and on their way, just because you won't speed up. That would actually risk causing an accident because they would rather have you causing more traffic for them and the rest of us.
2. The CLUELESS person that sees me coming up from the rear pretty quick, and gets over into my lane because going 68 in a 70 was too slow for them. So they speed it up to a grueling 69 and take a mile and a half to pass the car they were behind.
3. The phone people. You are not that special. You are not that important. Those that have no problem brake checking people and slowing down way too early.

Along with the horn, I should have some LEDs made up that go across the back glass, "That IDIOT is on a phone".

Last edited by adriver; 01-27-2023 at 11:37 AM.
strutaeng (01-27-2023)

Quick Reply: Serious question, How to almost a train horn.