THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!
View Poll Results: Yay or Nay
Yes
60.00%
No
40.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Roomate or No Roomate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Roomate or No Roomate?

Ive known this guy for about a year, he works with me and we have always gotten along pretty well. He is into the same things as me, not a druggy or loser. He is about to be 21 so he is near my age and seems to be a fairly clean person. I dont know him extremely well but well enough I trust him. Ive only had one roomate before that wasnt a girl(two exs have lived with me) and I had known him for about 4 years and he only lived with me for 6 months because he was a slob and Im an EXTREMELY clean person, to point that that I have a 600 dollar vacuum and 400 dollar carpet shampooer, I know its a bit overboard but I like my house to be clean. Anyway he is fine with keeping **** cleaned up I could give a **** less how nasty his room and bathroom are as long as the communal area is kept clean. Im not worried about him paying bills because I know he makes good money and is reliable which is a huge plus otherwise I wouldnt even consider it. Itll save me about 350-400 bucks a month which will be nice and allow me to pay a big chunk of my new truck off. Im just not sure how Im going to like having a roomate that I cant sit on the couch naked, eating cheetos and watching **** around. But seriously there are alot of things you cant do when you have a roomate of the opposite sex, when my GFs lived with me it was no big deal, just trying to decide if its worth it to get a roomate. It would be nice to have someone else around but then again I also like being alone. As you can see Im having trouble deciding what to do. What do you all think?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in your position with your new truck, i say go for the roomie... its gonna suck not having your privacy but at the same time, if things get tight with money for you... atleast you know youll have 350-400/month more coming from him towards the rent, then take that money and double up on your payments as much as you can, youll have that truck payed off in no time. Id say atleast if nothing else though Cody, give it a shot.. if you dont like the way it turns out tell him hes gotta go (in a kind way of course)
Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Made in South Korea

Voted!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by beastmode
in your position with your new truck, i say go for the roomie... its gonna suck not having your privacy but at the same time, if things get tight with money for you... atleast you know youll have 350-400/month more coming from him towards the rent, then take that money and double up on your payments as much as you can, youll have that truck payed off in no time. Id say atleast if nothing else though Cody, give it a shot.. if you dont like the way it turns out tell him hes gotta go (in a kind way of course)
read my mind
Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 PM

Paying for the truck isnt a problem, Im actually making damn near double the payment now, with an extra 400 a month I would almost be making triple payments. I got a good deal on the truck and I put a good bit down on it I like the idea of a drinking buddy near by, all my friends live on the north side of town and I hate driving.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

extra money and drinking buddies are definate bonuses then. sounds like you know him well enough, only thing would be if he did anything that kinda bothered you at home, you work with him too. but, i worked/lived with a couple buddies for a while, and it worked out pretty good.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:13 PM

Im a field tech he is a lab tech so I guess I should have said we work for the same company but dont work together. I go to the office maybe 3 times a week.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

How old are you? IMO I hate roommates, I have had a few.... in all instances things did not work out well.... IMO chicks really don't dig roommates, being able to have spontaneos sex on the couch while watching a movie is worth the extra $....
Old 02-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me personally I couldnt stand having a roommate, like you Im a clean freak weird as it is. One question to ask yourself, do you like the guy? do you want to keep a friendship with him? Cause they say you dont truly know someone tell you lived with them, living with someone can really screw a friendship up, just something to consider. In your situation Id go with the roomie
Old 02-22-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Don't do it! HAHA, I'm trying to get rid of the 2 I have now! Oh ya 1 of them owns the house

Quick Reply: Roomate or No Roomate?