THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

R.I.P. Willyswanter - You are missed

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R.I.P. Willyswanter - You are missed

I know some of you guys don't venture off the forums, however if you're a wheeler or just on any other GM boards, you might recognize the name.

Jason Payne had recently turned 25 years old, and after losing a good friend due to health issues went to the Rubicon trail with a wheeling group he was a memember of and rode along with his friends due to his truck being down and taking longer to complete than he had originally planned. On the second day of the trip they decided to swim to an island in Buck Lake to clean up some from their excursion, and while swimming out, Jason went under and was not able to be found for some time. His friends with him got to him after he was under water for a few minutes and began CPR. They tried and tried, and when he was life flighted out, the Medics tried too. Unfortunately they couldn't bring him back, and he died Thursday night. I'm just typing this today because it upsets me so much to even think about it.

His projects were inspiring, and it was awesome seeing him wheel his 1 ton, CCLB Chevy. I have some pictures from 2004 when he had just linked the rear that I will post in a minute. After the pictures I had taken, he linked the front, tapered the front, etc.

With his passing we all lost a brother and I just thought I would share his story. Follow the links for more videos and pictures of his rig.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608076
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92195
www.jasonpaynememorial.com

Wheel in peace brother, I'll meet you up there sometime, so save a seat for me
Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 08-29-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah That Fuggin Sux, I have read about it on many other forums. I bet he never knew just how many people looked up to him. Reading the letter from his mom brought a tear to my eyes. If there's someone you love, tell them, you never know the last time you'll see them.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks!
Only 25 too.

Rest in peace brother.