THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Pro Touring Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PRO TOUR HOE
FINALLY ,This the thread I have been waiting for!
My Daily is a 1998 2 door 2 wheel drive Tahoe that we built to compete in auto cross and Optima style events. I purposly built it to look like its just a cruiser its even got a big stereo

Here's a basic run down of what been done

The front suspension has Ride Tech Triple adjustable coil overs the upper and lower control arms are Chopin Block but they are built for the coil overs .I also run Baer Traks to help coorect the bump steer, Bell tech built the 1 3/8 inch front sway bar and the brakes are Baer 15 inch rotors and 6S 6 piston calipers

The rear suspension Has a cantelevered set of Ride Tech triple adjustable coil overs ,A custom built splinned rear sway bar ,Adjustable panhard bar and C10 truck arms built by Early Classics .Narrowed (6 inches) 10 bolt rear end with an eaton ,Torino flanges ,ford axles splinned to fit the carrier and ford bearings.The brakes are Baer 6S 6 piston calipers and 14 inch rotors The drive shaft is a custom built Aluminum shaft by Dynotech

Old coil over location but you can see the truck arms

New set up works great

Mini Tubbed

The motor is set back 1 1/2 inches to help with the weight distribution.
Its an LQ9 ,forged internals, ARP studs and bolts every where we could use them all the way down to the balancer bolt , Fluid Dampnr Balancer .West Coast Racing heads Stage 2 L92 heads ,manley valves. Custom Ground Comp Cam, Fully polished 2.9 liter Whipple Super Charger, Injector Dynamics ID 1000 flow matched injectors ,Noonan Racing Billet CnC'd valve covers and coil pack covers ,Maradyne E fans,

fuel system is all Aeromotive front to back with 1 Stealth 340 in the tank and aluminum fuel cell built by chopin block

Trans is a built 4l80 with a 2600 stall Edge racing converter low stall so i keep some engine braking hd2 shift kit and a b&m floor shifter

The seats are now leather to match the center console and the seat belts are now Simpson platinum 6 point harnesses

Wheels are one off Colorado Customs and the tires are Nitto NT05's 200 tread ware 275 35 20 front and 315 35 20 rear

I was hoping you would post in here, love everything about the tahoe.. so cool..

I can't imagine how that thing does stopping wise with the 6p's on all four corners.

I guess with better belts they hold you in those seats well? I was surprised to see those seats in there because I remember them having NO bolster to them hah
Old 10-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

The seats are now leather to match the center console and the seat belts are now Simpson platinum 6 point harnesses
Beautiful truck. Lot of work involved to make a heavy truck competitive.

You still have the original seat covers that were taken off when you went to leather? They look like they were perfect and I need a set for my 1996 4x4 in Tan cloth.

Subscribed to this thread definitely. My 454SS has been AutoX'd before (about 10 years ago was last time), but too much horsepower and not enough rear weight makes for a handful on the course. Might be time to make some changes. I would love to get back into AutoX.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:24 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Here's a pic of my S10:

Name:  TR97C5_427_03_sml.jpg
Views: 4792
Size:  61.2 KB

It handles way better than I thought an S10 ever could.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would put many of the dbrods trucks up as good all around trucks. Also turbomic has a killer all around truck good suspension and brakes in the most powerful street truck around.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The corvette wheels look great on that S10!!

I am very jealous of the center console in that tahoe man. I have the floor mount shifter as well. I need to make something like that instead of the ugly plastic base it comes with. Great work man!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can always adapt something from another truck..

I used an Automatic console in mine and cut it, moved it to fit and look factory with my 5speed (S10)

Name:  1253139117.jpg
Views: 4758
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  1253137157.jpg
Views: 5364
Size:  125.4 KB

Name:  1253139269.jpg
Views: 5083
Size:  102.3 KB
Old 11-02-2012, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SixSpeedSS
Beautiful truck. Lot of work involved to make a heavy truck competitive.

You still have the original seat covers that were taken off when you went to leather? They look like they were perfect and I need a set for my 1996 4x4 in Tan cloth.

Subscribed to this thread definitely. My 454SS has been AutoX'd before (about 10 years ago was last time), but too much horsepower and not enough rear weight makes for a handful on the course. Might be time to make some changes. I would love to get back into AutoX.
I talked to the guy that did my seats the covers are toast sorry. The tahoe weighs 4200 lbs with out the rear seat and subs i leave them in to help with the weight bias plus it makes people scratch their head when they see it on the track and they think its just a cruiser. For me I wanted some thing with plenty of horse power and that is a blast to drive

SPOOLIN do you have a build thread ? or something that shows your suspension we have done a couple of events together and I still have not looked under you truck to see whats goin on under there imo one of the coolest trucks out there
Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SPOOLIN do you have a build thread ? or something that shows your suspension we have done a couple of events together and I still have not looked under you truck to see whats goin on under there imo one of the coolest trucks out there
Yup yup!! I think I'm gonna pass on next years Throwdown though, it's been pretty embarassing showing up both years with mystery issues keeping me back from actually competing to the trucks full potential. I have it running pretty solid now on medium boost but I want it to be rock solid next time I show up.

I love watching you compete though, super clean truck!! Last year we were paired in the race truck category which was fun!

Here's a thread concerning the rear suspension. The pics aren't great and were taken after the fact so it's really hard to see all of what's going on. Don't pay attention to the rear-end either as it now has a nice 14-bolt in it.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...prings-501930/
Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SOMEDAY Im building a C10

Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

I want this one!

Name:  porter_dock.jpg
Views: 6079
Size:  42.6 KB