THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Only in Cali

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
I think its still a very bad idea. Now I dont know much about the stuff, never tried it and never will, never been around it either. Say your an employer and Johnny comes back from lunch after smokin some. Yea I know same one can drink at lunch as welll, but you can smell it on them, Im sure you can smell weed on some one too. But now do you want that guy back at work operating heavey machinery puttin the lives at others at risk? It seems just much more to worry about, we have enough drunk drivers on the road. It just seems like a bad idea.
My company does drug testing on hire and at random. Just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone will be using it or employers have to allow it n the job ...People who can't go 8 hours without a drink or using drugs are usually obvious...
Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
I think its still a very bad idea. Now I dont know much about the stuff, never tried it and never will, never been around it either. Say your an employer and Johnny comes back from lunch after smokin some. Yea I know same one can drink at lunch as welll, but you can smell it on them, Im sure you can smell weed on some one too. But now do you want that guy back at work operating heavey machinery puttin the lives at others at risk? It seems just much more to worry about, we have enough drunk drivers on the road. It just seems like a bad idea.
I'm sure there would be a zero tolerance policy like at any other job. If you drink during lunch and get caught you're gone.

California is also taxing their taxes. They are now charging a 5% tax on some of their taxes. They're taxing the taxes for Christ's sake. I think they're also considering a 12 cent per gallon gasoline tax increase, doubling the registration fee for a car, and a 1 percent sales tax increase. Businesses and people are going to be fleeing California in the masses.

There is some bad, bad things going on with the government in the USA and in a lot of states. We get to watch it all unfold.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oklahoma FTW
Old 02-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Tribe Shaman

Originally Posted by thiems
I'm sure there would be a zero tolerance policy like at any other job. If you drink during lunch and get caught you're gone.

California is also taxing their taxes. They are now charging a 5% tax on some of their taxes. They're taxing the taxes for Christ's sake. I think they're also considering a 12 cent per gallon gasoline tax increase, doubling the registration fee for a car, and a 1 percent sales tax increase. Businesses and people are going to be fleeing California in the masses.

There is some bad, bad things going on with the government in the USA and in a lot of states. We get to watch it all unfold.

yeah but the inflow of new people that get to smoke weed nice and legal
get the tax that go with it.
just jack it all the way up, they will be to high to bitch.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PappyDan
yeah but the inflow of new people that get to smoke weed nice and legal
get the tax that go with it.
just jack it all the way up, they will be to high to bitch.
The trickiest part would to find that happy tax medium to minimize home growers and buyers that go to home growers because government weed is too much. California isn't real good with taxes so I'm sure this would be no different.