THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

NEEDING help got a question need hlep

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEEDING help got a question need hlep

hope that this is in the right place i just need some help and opinions I have been on our sister site ls1tech for about three to four years now but im kindda lost on this topic please point me in the right direction is this a good set up and if not why thank you so so much

To many toys and not enough time. This truck has too many extras to list. I did a frame off build in 2002. Everything in the front end was replaced from rotor to rotor. The engine is a 350 bored .060. 10-1 forged pistons. Lunati solid lift cam. Dart iron eagle angle plug heads with 2.02 1.60 swirl polished valves, crane triple valve springs, and crane 1.6 ratio roller tip rockers. The transmission is a 350 turbo with a b&m transpack shift kit and b&m 3500 holeshot stall converter. Rear end is a 10 bolt with upgrade axles, 3.73 gears and a strange mini spool. Fuel system consists of a summit fuel cell, holley red electric fuel pump, holley fuel pressure regulator, aircraft quality braided steel fuel lines, and a 750cfm holley carb. Ignition is a msd 6AL box, msd pro billet distributor, msd blaster coil, msd wires and accel shorty header plugs. Wheels are weld draglights 15x3.5 in the front and 15x10 in the rear with brand new bfg tires on the rear. It also has a harwood fiberglass cowl induction hood and a be-cool four core alumnum radiator. Honestly we spent so much money on the speed parts i ran out before i could finish the truck properly. It dosen't have a grill or front bumper, there is no carpet, and i painted it with ppg dodge viper red enamel paint because i could not afford base coat clear coat. Remember this truck was built for pro-street class so there is no heat or a/c. We took everything out to save weight. Right now the truck needs a tune-up and the fuel-cell gasket has started leaking letting a little water in the tank but this is all minor stuff that i just dont have the money 2 fix. I am willing to make price adjustments for these things. Also will consider trades on most anything. I could also possibly deliver the vehicle up to 200 miles. Please call with any questions.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:42 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is your question? or are you trying to sell this thing? You need to post a price if you are trying to sell and I'll move it to the vehicle classifieds.

Again, what do you need help with?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by trever1t
what is your question? or are you trying to sell this thing? You need to post a price if you are trying to sell and I'll move it to the vehicle classifieds.

Again, what do you need help with?
And hit enter some times.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

ok im sorry that was a cut and paste of a for sale add, I was considering the truck im sorry its posted for 4500 but Im trading a 95 bronco with some very good points dana 44 front and rear 4:56 gears 9 inches of lift on 38s, no rust good solid truck now the bad looks t o have the start of a rear main seal leak, valve cover gaskets need to be replaced, along with manifold gaskets.

Tires need to be replaced some time soon, it has a auto 5.8. So with that being said is the trade ok or not really..... where im not sure is that im not very knowledgable on internals when it comes to motors...... i was looking for some one to help me out and tell me if the build over all is worth it or not.... sorry it was confusing i was in a rush thanks for your help
Old 07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by blade0309
To many toys and not enough time. This truck has too many extras to list.

I did a frame off build in 2002. Everything in the front end was replaced from rotor to rotor. The engine is a 350 bored .060. 10-1 forged pistons. Lunati solid lift cam.
Dart iron eagle angle plug heads with 2.02 1.60 swirl polished valves, crane triple valve springs, and crane 1.6 ratio roller tip rockers.

The transmission is a 350 turbo with a b&m transpack shift kit and b&m 3500 holeshot stall converter. Rear end is a 10 bolt with upgrade axles, 3.73 gears and a strange mini spool.

Fuel system consists of a summit fuel cell, holley red electric fuel pump, holley fuel pressure regulator, aircraft quality braided steel fuel lines, and a 750cfm holley carb. Ignition is a msd 6AL box, msd pro billet distributor, msd blaster coil, msd wires and accel shorty header plugs.

Wheels are weld draglights 15x3.5 in the front and 15x10 in the rear with brand new bfg tires on the rear. It also has a harwood fiberglass cowl induction hood and a be-cool four core alumnum radiator.

Honestly we spent so much money on the speed parts i ran out before i could finish the truck properly. It dosen't have a grill or front bumper, there is no carpet, and i painted it with ppg dodge viper red enamel paint because i could not afford base coat clear coat. Remember this truck was built for pro-street class so there is no heat or a/c. We took everything out to save weight.

Right now the truck needs a tune-up and the fuel-cell gasket has started leaking letting a little water in the tank but this is all minor stuff that i just dont have the money 2 fix. I am willing to make price adjustments for these things. Also will consider trades on most anything. I could also possibly deliver the vehicle up to 200 miles. Please call with any questions.

Ok, so you are thinking of trading....

Im trading a 95 bronco with some very good points dana 44 front and rear 4:56 gears 9 inches of lift on 38s, no rust good solid truck now the bad: looks to have the start of a rear main seal leak, valve cover gaskets need to be replaced, along with manifold gaskets.

Tires need to be replaced some time soon, it has a auto 5.8. So with that being said is the trade ok or not really..... where im not sure is that im not very knowledgable on internals when it comes to motors...... i was looking for some one to help me out and tell me if the build over all is worth it or not.... sorry it was confusing i was in a rush thanks for your help
Old 07-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Tribe Shaman

NO, it is not worth it.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Where's the Beef?

ok im sorry that was a cut and paste of a for sale add, I was considering the truck im sorry its posted for 4500 but Im trading a 95 bronco with some very good points dana 44 front and rear 4:56 gears 9 inches of lift on 38s, no rust good solid truck now the bad looks t o have the start of a rear main seal leak, valve cover gaskets need to be replaced, along with manifold gaskets.

Welll, We don't know what year the Chevy is but judging by the work done, NO. It's not worth it financially. However it really depends on what your wanting compared to what you have and are being offered. If you're really looking for a bronco to go mudding in then it might be worth it to you to get the chevy out of your yard. but that's not for us to decide.

Dollar for Dollar the Chevy should be worth more depending on the year and body style.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you mean trade your Bronco for the chevy then yeah it's decent deal.

Which one do you own?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Where's the Beef?

and wth are very good points? The most expensive points I know of are like 30 bucks. And that's not going to net anything to advertise about.