THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

IS it me or has the site become a diff environment??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was a newb and considering my post count compared to others, i still am a newb! But here is the way i see it. Even if the site is not the same, or there are new people, those guys who have been around for a while that are still here are the actual site. The address performancetrucks.net only exist because you have a group of enthuist that visit this site daily. I don't get offended and sometimes don't post on threads where there is drama because i don't get into it in real life why fight on the net?

There are many guys here who have a ton of knowledge.....scott, nonnie, trevert1, ben, chris(thunder), kyle, corey.....and many many others whom i have talked to. Heck i text some of these guys just to see whats up, even though i have never met them face to face. I'm not sure why people take this so literal but, I enjoy the funny post that people make and also reading the tech post, and seeing whats for sale, and finding out that its snowing in texas.....yep thats right its snowing on dec 2nd in texas!!!! Ya know its all part of a group of diverse people who share a common interest. BTW Thunder550 is still gay......you know how i know? his boyfriend said so hahahahahahaha
Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Im pretty sure Bill and I are responible for the bulk of the "censoring" on this site and not once have I gotten a PM.

If you've got a problem with what was being done then say something about it, hell send me a PM and if wasnt me that did it Ill find out who did and go from there.

The thing that burns my *** is people who bitch about a thread getting edited because the posts are bashing someones stuff that simply posted a thread excited about their new performance part. To further aggitate me I say to start another thread and Ill even transfer over the posts that didnt go along with the original thread. Guess what none of the people bitching about that thread getting censored started a new thread. Imagine that.

The Marine thread was closed because it was going no where. Mark should have just left the thread alone but what he posted wasnt bashing Marines or God, but the actual story and everyone took offense to it. Reading comprehension is your friend.

None of us moderators get paid for the job we do, so its easier to just pull the plug on a rerun rather than wait for it to get crazy, have to ban people and edit posts, or just **** can the thread entirely. I have a real life outside of the internet, I pop in here make sure everything is going well and move on unless Im just really bored then Ill sit on here and baby sit a bunch of grown men acting like middle school idiots.

As far as actual content on this site, people dont have the money to do what they did in years past, I know I dont.

And the noob threads, heres a concept, IGNORE THEM, if you have nothing constructive to add.
Thank you Cody.

Look, I don't make a red cent working here, and yeah, some times it's work but I do it because I love this site.

I will not tolerate Racial slurrs or bigoted behavior. Sorry, this is my playground.
I do not tolerate solicitation on this site from anyone other than sponsors. You better go read the guidelines, I never broke any one of them. You feel free to talk about any shop you like and name them and the city. No contact information was ever given or exchanged in PM

I swear sometimes some of you guys are like little kids...oh wait, you are!

How about making constructive suggestions rather than just whining for a change?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lownslo06
There are many guys here who have a ton of knowledge.....scott
I'll just assume there is more than one Scott on the board
Old 12-02-2009, 04:11 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Sometimes you shine Scott
Old 12-02-2009, 04:13 PM
SPAM HUNTER

There are people here that join later then me and have about 10,000 more posts then me...

I guarantee they weren't useful posts...so as far as posting is concerned that number is somewhat pointless.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Ok, I have something to add about the newby thing... A lot of you are in school of some sort or another, right?. How would you feel if you come into class on the first day eager to learn thinking wow, I just found this great class and in a subject I really like! You raise your hand and ask the tracher a question you think is very relitive to the subject matter and the teacher responds I've answered that question every year for the last 10 years damnit, read the book!!

Just because some of you spend hundreds of hours on here and read almost every post and have seen or heard the answer many times, doesn't make it right for you to go off on someone who came here to learn something and you tell them they should just search (read the damn book!). Remember, EVERYONE of you was an uniformed newby at some time or another.

Most people come here for 2 reasons, to learn or to teach. If your not doing either, then your just wasting time. So instead of insulting them, answer there question or don't say anything. I know I've answered the same questions over and over, but that is what teachers do!.

Last edited by kbracing96; 12-02-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
I'll just assume there is more than one Scott on the board
oh yea way different scott not even close haha! ok I kid a little,
Old 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

complete homo thread.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:19 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Originally Posted by trever1t
Look, I don't make a red cent working here, and yeah, some times it's work but I do it because I love this site.

I will not tolerate Racial slurrs or bigoted behavior. Sorry, this is my playground.
I do not tolerate solicitation on this site from anyone other than sponsors. You better go read the guidelines, I never broke any one of them. You feel free to talk about any shop you like and name them and the city. No contact information was ever given or exchanged in PM

I swear sometimes some of you guys are like little kids...oh wait, you are!
Its not your playground...you just think it is. IMO, you just have more buttons then i do...

And rules are rules, so me being racist or opinionated, ill watch it.

and we are the childish ones...ha.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:21 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

thank you

Quick Reply: IS it me or has the site become a diff environment??