THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

it's just cutting too deep in to my pockets

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it's just cutting too deep in to my pockets

no more for me, it's just cutting too deep in to my pockets, it is all coming off and going back to stock.
2.79 is too high when I fill up 2 times a week, time to start running the old 87 in the tank again. all of it can sit till the gas company's settle on a price, after working out a new budget to see what all I can do when they get done raising the price of gas.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PappyDan
no more for me, it's just cutting too deep in to my pockets, it is all coming off and going back to stock.
2.79 is too high when I fill up 2 times a week, time to start running the old 87 in the tank again. all of it can sit till the gas company's settle on a price, after working out a new budget to see what all I can do when they get done raising the price of gas.
Ive been thinking the same thing Im gonna work up some timing tables so I can run mid grade. It feels like Im giving up 25 hp but almost 3 bucks a gallon is rediculous.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

That sucks, Ive been looking forward to seeing your truck progress.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I here you man its really got me considering not doing the 6L swap cause gas is killing me as it is and I just dont think Im going to be able to swing the gas bill.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

same here, we are really considering in selling one truck to buy a car, bad thing is my truck is the oldest one and is probably the one to go.... I'll have to stay with the cc, maybe if gas prices come back down I'll start modding the cc
Old 08-14-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Do the math, its only about 5 dollars difference between a tank of 87 and a tank of 93.
Besides, on a boosted engine, you could probably be fine running 87 for back and forth to work as long as you arent running it hard. I can drive to work and never even get over 1 psi boost if i drive it easy.
I guess what i'm trying to say is it wont be really worth pullling off everything just so you can run a lower grade gas. you could allways pulley up to make alot less boost until prices settle.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ranwalk
Do the math, its only about 5 dollars difference between a tank of 87 and a tank of 93.
Besides, on a boosted engine, you could probably be fine running 87 for back and forth to work as long as you arent running it hard. I can drive to work and never even get over 1 psi boost if i drive it easy.
I guess what i'm trying to say is it wont be really worth pullling off everything just so you can run a lower grade gas. you could allways pulley up to make alot less boost until prices settle.

I agree, plus better fuel usually get's better milage. and every single one of my mod's has only helped milage, not decreased it. If you're worried about milage, buya 500 dollar 4 cyl beater, or keep you damn foot out of it!!
Old 08-14-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Thats the nice thing about nitrous is if its not flowing I have a normal motor... Other then that all of the mods I have done have increased my mileage as well as power. I love my truck and a more fuel efficient vehicle would be nice to have but I would never get ride of my truck for a fuel efficient vehicle.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
Thats the nice thing about nitrous is if its not flowing I have a normal motor... Other then that all of the mods I have done have increased my mileage as well as power. I love my truck and a more fuel efficient vehicle would be nice to have but I would never get ride of my truck for a fuel efficient vehicle.
Same with the turbo. As long as you don't have a heavy foot the gas mileage is great.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe we should start a thread on gas mileage tuning along with lower octane tuning.

The lowest around here for 93 seems to be 2.69 and the highest is 2.96. It's sick I tell ya.

Quick Reply: it's just cutting too deep in to my pockets