THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

IPS Motorsports turbo vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shop is very nice, but customer service sucks if your not dropping your car off with a fat check. I tried twice to get some parts there, with not much help, so I went somewhere else. I went to them for tuning, because they had one of the best LS tuners, but lost him.
Erik or Bill? those are the two i knew. second the customer service sucks. very nice shop w/ some bad *** rides tho. Bill has done tuning on mine. wouldn't let me stay in the shop while he was tuning , so i never went back. sucks sitting in the lobby for 6 hrs and i'm almost 2 hrs away. i'll give my business to Brian Turner at Dynotune.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

I'm from Zanesville, but know just about all the tuners in Columbus. Eric S. I forget his last name, but I have his number in my phone. I haven't talked to him for a while, but he is a good guy, and knows his ****. When it comes to FI LS he knows better than anyone.
Brians really good too. He tuned one of my buddys friends hugger orange 99 SS with 2500 miles, we put a cam springs, and lts on 2 weeks ago.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well heck yeah we will meet up. Whats happening soon, any events ya want to go to?

I am game now, but still need to retune my truck before i go back to the track.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

https://www.good-guys.com/events/201...?category_id=2
TIM, this is a good time, but tends to go pretty late if you hang out after the show on saturday night. Is there anything in your area, or in between?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:26 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brent1976
https://www.good-guys.com/events/201...?category_id=2
TIM, this is a good time, but tends to go pretty late if you hang out after the show on saturday night. Is there anything in your area, or in between?
I'll have to see bud, we have a few 4th of july shut downs going on a t work that week, i'll see what events are going on around here, you do the same and lemme know.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm from Zanesville, but know just about all the tuners in Columbus. Eric S. I forget his last name, but I have his number in my phone. I haven't talked to him for a while, but he is a good guy, and knows his ****. When it comes to FI LS he knows better than anyone.
Brians really good too. He tuned one of my buddys friends hugger orange 99 SS with 2500 miles, we put a cam springs, and lts on 2 weeks ago.
Cool. I'm in Mount Vernon and work in Columbus.
They do have a nice shop. I went there a few times trying to get my car tuned. They said I could watch them tune it back in the shop since I was bringing my own laptop and copy of HP Tuners but couldn't ever seem to get on the schedule. I then tried to get them to do my 6.2/6L80E swap into my 00 RCSB but couldn't get any help so I ended up doing it myself.
They always seem to have some nice stuff in there though.
Where are you getting your stuff tuned?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:39 PM

Here's his site about the car.
CarlyleRacing
The shop is very nice, but customer service sucks if your not dropping your car off with a fat check. I tried twice to get some parts there, with not much help, so I went somewhere else. I went to them for tuning, because they had one of the best LS tuners, but lost him.
If you go you had better call me, we can finally meet up.
Sorry you had a bad experience but it wasn't due to an amount of money being spent. We have been a bit under-staffed on the sales team in the past but that issue has been resolved so give us another shot

It has been confusing with all the Eric's here (We have had 3 at one time here lol) but Eric S. tunes here (He is tuning a Corvette today actually) as does Bill H. In addition, we reserved the services of Patrick Barnhill and Jason Lee of PTP Racing for tuning as well. If you have not heard of them they tune Bill Lut'z 5-second @ 247mph Pro-Mod Camaro among many many others. Patrick has taken over tuning duties on Mark's Corvette in this thread.

I encourage anyone close to stop by, meet a few of us, and check whatever projects we have going on. Mark's Corvette is *Typically* here but right now is out getting a second chute added (Needed for 200mph+) and getting some weight put back in the back of the car.
Jeff
Old 06-14-2012, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by black4.8
Erik or Bill? those are the two i knew. second the customer service sucks. very nice shop w/ some bad *** rides tho. Bill has done tuning on mine. wouldn't let me stay in the shop while he was tuning , so i never went back. sucks sitting in the lobby for 6 hrs and i'm almost 2 hrs away. i'll give my business to Brian Turner at Dynotune.
Agreed. It is weird how there is a difference between being able to watch over a tech's shoulder as he installs a cam or a blower kit Vs watching a car get tuned. My guess it is because *Many* tuning shops are small and they just don't have the space or ability to have somebody wait elsewhere so people get accustomed to sitting beside / with a tuner while the car is on the dyno.

We have recognized this issue and have now made it a policy to involve the client more throughout the tuning / dyno process. The insurance company is against it obviously (Client's sitting in the car or beside the dyno) but we are working on a number of ways to "Bend" the rules a bit.

Waiting in a shop all day for any reason sucks so we always advice against it but we have many clients that drive a few hours to get here so we understand there is no other option in those situations.
Jeff
Old 06-14-2012, 12:52 PM

Lastly, here are a few pics of the IPS Vette out at MIR last weekend:

Old 06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!!!!

any videos?

Quick Reply: IPS Motorsports turbo vette