THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

iPhone 5, whos in ?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 01:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmelvin
DROID FTW!!!!

WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I LOL at my GF's Iphone daily. Even she cant wait for her "upgrade" as the At&T folks call it.. so she can get a droid.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Droid is a joker. Bottom line, if you want something the size of a table tray in your pocket, maybe.. They all try to use the same lay out as the iPhone. Been there done that. Not to mention Cs with App is great, anyone else is just ok at best.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Honestly if you work a job were you use data continuously, aka medical field, the iphone screen is a joke. And the new one will be. I even had a good full "pro" mac friend move to a droid phone just for the screen. He still uses the mac pro, but admitted the iphone had faults.

So get a job that you literally use the phone all day, and it really changes. All IMO.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Baltimore Whore

Again all opp, If you need a phone the size of a tablet or iPad then ya the droid might prevail, but what ever. My reason for switching out from was for the size. The 5 will be rite in that snooker area. In my exp the iPhone has been a 10 over the galaxy, droid. It has never kicked me out of a program, has never locked up. I would have to totally turn my phone off, pull the battery on some instances. Even the 4g droids in my area are slower to load then my pathetic 3g iPhone. No matter what it is. Again all a pref, but my op is the iPhone has did every thing better above and beyond all my droid devices.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:35 AM
TECH Junkie

I wear khakis every day. I dont recall having a tablet in my pocket, but to each his own.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Baltimore Whore

Thats the way you put it, as in the the '' Screen'' unless I am missing something, againall is in opp, pref. Have fun with that phone. This wasn't a thread about whats better, it was about who is getting one.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by N/ALS1
Gotta wait and see if they are gonna support my radio, Ihave the Alpine iDA-X305S that works with the Iphone/ Pandora app. Havent seen anything yet abou the 30 pin connection. The 5 has a20 pin I think now. But more than likely I might just bite the bullet and get the Iphone 5 and just get an ipod to work with my h/u.
I have the same deck! And it's awesome! Plus my 4s is jailbroken, and my pandora has unlimited skips now. Idk if I want to give up either of those!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would e nice to jailbreak it and have unlimited skips. I called them about a money ago and they said once its come available (Iphone5) they will have something out to fix it. I love this deck as well. I got it after they broke into my truck and to about 200 plus CDs, so I asked the insurance to upgrade to this one. I wish I had the BT one but oh well
Old 09-15-2012, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Old School brick Nokia FTW! I could play snake all day long, had service everywhere, and it even doubled as a hammer. Didn't have to worry about screens, data, or cameras. Those were the good ol days!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted_blue
Old School brick Nokia FTW! I could play snake all day long, had service everywhere, and it even doubled as a hammer. Didn't have to worry about screens, data, or cameras. Those were the good ol days!!!
I was so happy when they went away from the Motorola Brick to the first decent Motorola flips like the Startac...... And now we go full circle to some brick that is trying to double as a laptop..... Pass.

I have a "highly technical" job and I have zero use for a smart phone. If I need to remote into the plants DCS from home it can wait until I have a real computer screen. Some of the guys do it with their Droids and Iphones but it's retarded, and difficult to navigate....

Thanks but I will keep buying Motorola W385's and rocking them.... Not to mention the service it gets to operate as an actual phone is great.....

But that's okay because some burger flipper, Walmart Greeter, Sandwich Artist, lube bay monkey will tell me "I'm old school and don't understand technology"..... Uh-huh, okay rockstar.

Quick Reply: iPhone 5, whos in ?????