THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

internal combustion engines that run off water!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default internal combustion engines that run off water!!!

I was watching the news tonight and this local guy has developed a process of converting h20 to hho which holds more power potential than gas and the exhaust is h20. He origionally created it for welding and replacing highly combustable gases then kept thinking and rigged his 4 cylinder taurus wagon to run off water thats right freakin water. He says he gets around 100 miles to 4oz of water. Im including a link to the website. Hes developed a hummer for the military that has passed all regulations. Congress has invited him to demonstrate the technology. Hydrogen fuels and the world changing is alot closer than anyone thinks. Its about time. Hold on its gonna rain tonight I need some gas

http://hytechapps.com/
Old 07-25-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that on the news tonight too. Pretty amazing stuff really. This link was one hack-a-day a while back-

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/...ar/h20car2.htm
Old 07-25-2005, 11:06 PM
14 Second Truck Club

great until we run out of water.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by onyx
great until we run out of water.
when are we gonna run out of water?
Old 07-26-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

The technology has been there for sometime now. But you can bet Uncle Sam won't let it happen in our lifetime. Can you imagine the economic impact on this and other countries? There was a guy in Texas that developed something similar to this back in the 80's. The government took his research and well, now he is a rich man that "doesn't know what your talking about".
Old 07-26-2005, 12:19 AM
14 Second Truck Club

didnt they make a few movies about this???? The Saint and Chain Reaction. See, everything in hollywood is true.....
Old 07-26-2005, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Just grab the garden hose and filler up. That would save me $120 a week in gas.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:53 AM
Tribe Shaman

power plants do not need to burn coal or oil any more, just water.
cars and trucks running on water, no more gas.
no more need to buy oil from over seas, we get to sell them water.
ships will never need to be refueled again.
a bottle of water will cost 5 dollars for 16 oz. drink it or take a trip on it.

I see that his water fuel is being used with the gas too increase mileage on the car per gallon, i wonder how long it will take before he makes the system to run on water fuel only.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

(Smileys broken, please imagine BS flag here)

Anyone who has had 8th grade chemistry knows you can't run an internal combustion engine on water. Why? Because it's already burnt!!! (imagine smiley pounding hammer). Water is nothing more or less than burnt hydrogen. Now as to this quack's gizmo, I'm not sure what his "HHO gas mixture" is, and there is so much junk science in his explanation that I don't think he does either, but the key word I locked onto is "electrolysis". Electrolysis in this case is the passing of an electric current through water to break it down into its constituent elements, hydrogen and oxygen. It sounds like this guy thinks he has come up with a way to mix the resulting hydrogen and oxygen gases together without creating a huge explosion, until some catalyst (I'm guessing platinum sponge) is introduced, causing them to chemically recombine to form water again, with a substantial release of energy, hopefully in a controlled manner and not like the Hindenberg. So far nothing really new, it's been done since the 1800's. But do you see the catch? Electrolysis requires electricity, and lots of it, as it is the source of the substantial energy which is release on the recombination of the hydrogen and oxygen. In other words, the water is not a source of energy, but only a conveyance vehicle. The energy source is the electricity, or whatever creates it. Now where does the electricity come from, what with brownouts every summer?

Sorry, there really are no free lunches, but as P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

Please attempt to convince me otherwise.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well, now that you have established yourself as the smartest person in the world, I can't argue since I would be wrong.

Just kidding a little with you, but your tone is like a typical know it all engineer.

Quick Reply: internal combustion engines that run off water!!!