THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

if you are too old to stay awake, stop driving.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry if you are too old to stay awake, stop driving.

My mom asked me to go pick up a gift certificate for her at the store.

Grab my sister, go to store, park. I notice a woman older than death get in the white car i'm parking next to me. I tell my sister "I dont trust old people," back the truck up and more over in the parkingspot to give her plenty of room to get out.

It looked like she fell asleep in the meantime. She was there with her head straight down. Couldn't tell if maybe she was reading something or dialing her cellphone or whatever- but I was convinced she was dead or sleeping.

Come back out and my bed is dented with white scrapes. Thanks you old ****. I hope I see emergency crew members peeling you off a telephone pole tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Launching!

that sucks man. I am a firm believer of makin everyone retake their driving test every 10 years. Young or old. Some people just shouldent be driving. Just today I saw an old lady...it was a 4 way intersection, her light turns green and she makes a left, she then see's the red light for the traffic that would be crossing her and stops in the middle of the intersection thinking it was for her. She sat their until the light turned green, with people blaring their horns at her and everything causing a huge clusterfuck.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nigel215
that sucks man. I am a firm believer of makin everyone retake their driving test every 10 years. Young or old. Some people just shouldent be driving. Just today I saw an old lady...it was a 4 way intersection, her light turns green and she makes a left, she then see's the red light for the traffic that would be crossing her and stops in the middle of the intersection thinking it was for her. She sat their until the light turned green, with people blaring their horns at her and everything causing a huge clusterfuck.

there were 2 shopping centers centers across the street from each other. The street was 4 lanes + turning lane- VERY busy. They have stop signs, the street has nothing.

Lady drove across all 5 lanes, without looking, hit a couple on a harley, skimmed a dodge RAM and they found her in Target- having no idea that she just killed a woman and caused 2 accidents.

The woman had 3 kids The dad on the bike just got fucked up pretty good.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya... thats ridiculous... and sad at the same time

my grandfather knows hes getting old (82) and he cant turn his neck all the way.. so he gets me to drive him everywhere.. plus he gives me way more gas money than he has too, lol... at least he KNOWS he shouldnt be driving.. some ppl have no choice i guess.. but def. a driving test for everyone every 10 years would be ideal... or for at least every 10 years after your over the age of 55 or something.

but ya... so this old lady did this AFTER you went inside the store? after you moved your truck over and everything and she STILL hit it? Jesus, lol!
Old 12-21-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn, that sucks, looked into gettin it fixed yet?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, that sucks. I've always said they need to have a "continuing education" requirement on driving licenses. My mom has to have "continuing education" for her chemical dependecy counselor license every year. Both me and my dad have to have "continuing education" every year for our plumbing licenses. So, why don't they have one for driving !?!?!?!?!?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
ya... thats ridiculous... and sad at the same time

my grandfather knows hes getting old (82) and he cant turn his neck all the way.. so he gets me to drive him everywhere.. plus he gives me way more gas money than he has too, lol... at least he KNOWS he shouldnt be driving.. some ppl have no choice i guess.. but def. a driving test for everyone every 10 years would be ideal... or for at least every 10 years after your over the age of 55 or something.

but ya... so this old lady did this AFTER you went inside the store? after you moved your truck over and everything and she STILL hit it? Jesus, lol!
you got it. paint is missing down to the sheetmetal (which is creased).

I now need to get it fixed before going to school which KILLED my plans to go to alabama. Friend of mine is finishing up his racecar and I really wanted to help him out.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

The lesson here: is if you want to keep it nice ya gotta park way out back, where it's too far for old folks to walk
Old 12-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JimS
The lesson here: is if you want to keep it nice ya gotta park way out back, where it's too far for old folks to walk

Agreed.... I always park all the way at the back of the parking lot. My G/F hates it. But I am at less risk of getting swiped.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JimS
so you park in the front??

j/k

Quick Reply: if you are too old to stay awake, stop driving.