THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

here's a scenario.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here's a scenario.

Let's say a dealer took a vehicle in on a trade paying the person contigent that they get the dealer a clear title. This happens in July 2009. For over 8 months the person who traded the truck in could not produce the title (truck was stolen and listed as stolen in March 2009). In February of 2010, the vehicle is moved from a secure location to an area outside the fence at the dealership by someone who did not run it by the security guy. the next night the truck burns from the inside. After burning, the police run the VIN and tell the dealer the truck is stolen. After the finding this out, the dealer accepts a abandoned title from the person who traded the truck in (who they knew had already been arrested and charged with possession of the stolen truck), then files an insurance claim on a truck they knew was stolen. They never notify the original owner who filed the stolen vehicle report and have the truck taken off by their insurance company.

What laws do you think were broken by the dealership? insurance fraud, possible arson, receiving stolen property, destruction of evidence?
Old 04-20-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What laws do you think were broken by the dealership? insurance fraud, possible arson, receiving stolen property, destruction of evidence?

D, Answer D) All of the above.

Did this happen to u or your "friend"?

Curious on why you're asking.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fastnblu

D, Answer D) All of the above.

Did this happen to u or your "friend"?

Curious on why you're asking.
Well the vehicle stolen was mine and I can prove without a doubt the dealer committed insurance fraud and destroyed evidence. Can't prove the arson yet or prove without a doubt they knew the rruck was stolen at first, but the truck's trade value was 20k at the time and the thief agreed to only 10k, but he never got them a title in the 9 months they had it. That's not even the the whole story, I've got other lawsuits going on about this right now also, but just found out about what the dealer did over the weekend.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

but the truck's trade value was 20k at the time and the thief agreed to only 10k.

How much did ins. co give you if u don't mind? Cause that's a $10k diff. Right there, that should tell people, dealer is not on the up & up. A red flag for sure.

I'm hope dealer get caught red-handed. This is
Good luck.

Last edited by fastnblu; 04-20-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fastnblu
but the truck's trade value was 20k at the time and the thief agreed to only 10k.

How much did ins. co give you if u don't mind? Cause that's a $10k diff. Right there, that should tell people, dealer is not on the up & up. A red flag for sure.

I'm hope dealer get caught red-handed. This is
Good luck.
My insurance did not pay out as I was selling the truck, buyer gave me payment info, i gave it to finance company and told them to make sure the payment was good, two days later finance company said payment was good, so I take truck to buyer. They send me a letter thanking me for payment and a clean title. The next day I get a letter saying payment was no good. I had been scammed. Call police and insurance company. Insurance company denies claim because they have a clause that they will not pay if a vehicle is stolen as a result of a sales agreement real or implied. In other words if you are victim of a scam, you are out of luck. So finance company sues me I sue them back. been involved with this crap for over a year, with dealer having truck since last July and not running VIN.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:15 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

A word of advice....this kind of thing is best kept off public forum until you have resolution.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by trever1t
A word of advice....this kind of thing is best kept off public forum until you have resolution.
I left off a bunch of important facts important to the case. One phase is about to be resolved in the next few weeks. Just wish me luck guys. Here is a pic of my truck 06 dually with Duramax.
Attached Thumbnails here's a scenario.-truck-burn-front.jpg   here's a scenario.-truck-bed-burn.jpg   here's a scenario.-truck-burn-int.jpg