THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

And he wants to be the President of the USA???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:23 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here here!

wonder how many homeland security officers are reading this?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Junkie

alright here is my view point on the whole thing, i am a young guy at 19 but i think i have a pretty good handle on geopolitics as it has always been an intrest of mine, that being said please take my opinion for what it is, an opinion. i am not in any way trying to offend anyone so here it goes.

I personally am tired of people blaming bush for everything and forgetting the fact that 90% of the laws in this country come from the "DEMOCTRATICALLY CONTROLLED CONGRESS" not from bush. so theoretically lets say the Dems pass a law for redistribution of wealth (cough bullshit cough) and it gets to bush's desk and he veto's it, it goes back to congress and the house and the senate override his veto and it goes back to his desk and it gets Veto'ed again, this goes on till he exhausts all his vetos and the congress pushes the law through with the rules of checks and balances. now there is a passed redistribution of wealth law that bush did everything he could to stop. what happens now. the LIBERAL media says that bush passed this law and makes not mention of congress and the LIBERAL media makes him sound like an abomination even though that is there agenda to begin with. so now people in this country have become complacent and to stupid to form there own damn opinions and there own thoughts and will listen to whatever **** the media spills out. so now every sheep out there hates bush even though he tried to stop it.

Basically what i am saying is STOP WATCHING THE NEWS AND FOR YOUR OWN DAMN OPINIONS. People in the country are to GD lazy to put forth any effort. Below are some nice quotes to think about.

Powers of Congress

Originally Posted by Section 8
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water
Originally Posted by Article 2: Powers of the president
He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
Rant over
Old 03-02-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't want this to turn bad. Please do not post any pictures that aren't neccessary... I do not want to have to lock the thread.

I really felt slapped in the face to see someone running for President disrespect what is the Anthem of our great Nation. That's why I posted this here. I may take it more personally being that I have a military background and I often forget you guys are rarely exposed to the aspects of our operations and procedures.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:14 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZebes
Basically what i am saying is STOP WATCHING THE NEWS AND FOR YOUR OWN DAMN OPINIONS. People in the country are to GD lazy to put forth any effort.
i am interested in things this year. so are a lot of people that have not cared in the past. i have formed my opinions from info that i see in the local news paper and from cnn, msnbc, pbs. i never watch fox. are you sugesting these sources are biased? what are some other sources to check out?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:15 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

It's been my experience that the people of foreign countries dislike Americans more for the way we act while visiting than our politics.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by parish8
i am interested in things this year. so are a lot of people that have not cared in the past. i have formed my opinions from info that i see in the local news paper and from cnn, msnbc, pbs. i never watch fox. are you sugesting these sources are biased? what are some other sources to check out?
I believe all media is biased to it's own agenda regardless of owner or writer. i like to read all the sources and then some over seas sources such as ones from england and other European countries for a completely different 3rd spin on things. the problem is without seeing it first hand there is no way to guarantee an unbiased source.

David
Old 03-02-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I'll stop now
Old 03-02-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well I can say that many Iraqis (the majority) are happy we are there to help them re-build their country and government. Children run up and ask for candy and want to play. The people know why we are there... the news never shows what good is happening because there's not a demand to see Iraqis sharing meals with service members or shaking hands while making deals. Certain news channels want stories that'll get people wrapped around the axle to watch their channel, I have yet to see an exclusive on the progress of Iraqi Special Forces trained by us or the villages ridden of insurgents or the disposal of countless insurgent weapons caches.

I could give 2 ***** what France or wherever thinks about the US. If we didn't defend those who died in 9/11 you can bet your *** that wouldn't have been the last major attack in the US since 2001. And the country of Iraq would be in an entire state of chaos.

We are still a giant part of the United Nations and that will never change. And what the next President may do to build relations with other countries is all fine and dandy but honor to one's Nation first and foremost.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let's keep it clean guys, no need to start a political war.

Originally Posted by hirdlej
I'll stop now
Good idea
Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Where's the Beef?

Personally I don't think a persons ability to salute to the national anthem determines his/her ability to run a country. SHOULD he have? Yes, but he didn't fail to do so out of lack of respect. He's in a political race and there is a lot of pressure, i'm sure raising his right hand was the least of his worries.
As already stated, the sad fact is that millions of people do the same thing. Many of them chat and laugh during the anthem, don't remove their hats and don't even know the words. Hell, alot of them just standing there after the first sentenced wondering who the hell is Jose and why can't he see?
As far as bush goes I think he did the best you could ask. Given the circumstance i can't say I would have made choices much difference. He could go after terrorism after 9/11 and risk looking like a Tyrant or not and look like a coward. Either way the public was going to see the bad and not see the good of what was done.
Hillary seems like she's on too much of a power trip and is making rash statements she'd realize she can't keep up to. She says she'll have our troops out of Iraq within weeks of being elected. Good for some but whats really going to happen? If she pulls the troops out the country of iraq is going to be left without a government or any sense of organization and it will be our fault and all the blame will be put on her and bush. If she doesn't pull the troops hopefully they can get order stored and come home at the risk of first losing more troops and she'll risk looking like a lier and no better than bush.

It all comes down to your options. I think it'll come down to Hillary and Obama. I'd rather have Obama in there because he seems he could do the better job at getting things back on track.

Quick Reply: And he wants to be the President of the USA???