THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

And he wants to be the President of the USA???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
I'm not much on getting into political debates due to my standing in Government work... but this disturbed and pissed me off at the same time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9iCANi02o

Seems a bit like a terrorist to me

I hear ya man, it pisses me off too. Judging by some of the above posts some people dont feel it matters. I guess its a military thing.

I agree with you, if someone doesnt respect what this country stands for then start walking.... Respecting what a country stands for and respecting a particular individual of power in that country are two different things.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:31 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where have you gone to see other coutry's people's views? Or did you get that from Fox News?
People have ALWAYS hated the USA, having lived off continent I see this but it is nothing new.

We won WWI
We won WWII
We bailed France out of Vietnam
We liberated Grenada and Kuait
Forgive me if my history is askew but nobody else besides England comes to the help of others the way we do. Shall we remain neutral like the USA was during the first few years of WWI and II and let power mongers like Wilhelm and Hitler conquer free people ?
Old 03-02-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by trever1t
Let's not forget we we're attacked and thousands killed by a madman the previous regime failed to do anything about?
Thank you! I was beginning to think the people have forgotten what happened. I can only imagine what how the firefighters and policemen of NY think of some of America's attitude toward the War on Terrorism.

Some people just don't realize that this war could be in our backyard! Bombs dropped over Nebraska and Texas or wherever... I damn sure don't want my kids to see it so I and many others stepped up to protect our freedom.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I hear ya man, it pisses me off too. Judging by some of the above posts some people dont feel it matters. I guess its a military thing.
him holding his hand on his heart during the star spangled banner seems like such a small thing to argue over considering the kinds of change this country needs, fixing the war in iraq, the national debt, and health care, the stock market.

im just waiting for some ignorant person to post up his "terrorist" picture on here .
Old 03-02-2008, 11:36 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

See previous post..

Absolutely.
Go ahead and vote how you see fit BUT please do a little research first.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where have you gone to see other coutry's people's views? Or did you get that from Fox News?
LMAO....that's no damn lie!

I tend not to get into political debates because of the large amount of ignorance that's always around. Might as well go talk to a wall IMO.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:38 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
him holding his hand on his heart during the star spangled banner seems like such a small thing to argue over considering the kinds of change this country needs, fixing the war in iraq, the national debt, and health care, the stock market.

im just waiting for some ignorant person to post up his "terrorist" picture on here .
Remember this is a debate and not an argument. Political posts can get out of hand, let's keep it friendly like it is.

So tell me Scott, how would you handle the situation? Honestly I feel like we are trapped between a rock and a harder rock.

ZR1's point was that it is a small gesture of respect to show and Obama blatently, purposely denied it.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
Remember this is a debate and not an argument. Political posts can get out of hand, let's keep it friendly like it is.

So tell me Scott, how would you handle the situation? Honestly I feel like we are trapped between a rock and a harder rock.

ZR1's point was that it is a small gesture of respect to show and Obama blatently, purposely denied it.
I know man, politics and religious debates always turn out bad. I don't really see this thread as being constructive.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am more of a cnn guy.

but your right, i haven't been anywere. we came into a few bucks recently and decided to go a trip. maybe london, paris, rome, sidney... we have been talking to everyone we know who has been out of the county recently and that is where my info is coming from. maybe our friends are exagerating things, we just wanted to know the coolest place to go and several people have mentioned the strong anti american(bush) sentiment in other parts of world.

as far as puting your hand over your heart. maybe it is a military thing. when i have been to a local baseball game or football game it seems less than 1/2 of the people put their hand over their heart. most of the rest just pay attention to the flag and show respect. a few talk thru the whole thing.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:58 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Non of the worthless idiots on the campaign trail should be elected president. After they ran Ron Paul off with senseless FOX NEWS AND CNN press I think its time that the PEOPLE take the country back and run it.

One Country FOR the PEOPLE by THE PEOPLE, not for the BANKS.

Quick Reply: And he wants to be the President of the USA???