THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

has anyone tried one of these get ripped programs

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone tried one of these get ripped programs

AthLEAN-X this looks interesting but does it work?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno about that one, but p90x works well
Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know friends trying P90X and INSANITY

Seems to be entertaining them pretty well
I would just stick to workouts though, no dieting and pills etc to go along with it
Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have done a partial run at P90x I just got so busy I couldn't do it anymore. I started out at around 195lb and ended up around 175lb with a 2 pack and outlined abs after about a month and a half. The diet plays a big part in the P90x plan. the exercises are NO JOKE!!! I have worked out in gyms for years and had great results. But for a plan that tells you exactly how to get a 6 pack or how to be in the absolute best shape in your life P90x is really hard to beat. If you want the results like we have all seen on TV then you have to follow the plan to a "T". Its hard! Especially during the first two weeks. Making meals following the diet plan can be a little time consuming but you WILL NOT be disapointed if you follow the plans. I was skeptic at first thinking this is a friggin DVD im watching.....how hard can it be.!!??!? After the warm up on the first video I was sucking wind!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

i did p90x for a little over a month a couple years back and lost 20lbs quick. life happened and i fell out of the program not even half way through. i started p90x up again and im in my 2nd week right now. if you're not in "decent" shape p90x may not be for you. i use the term decent very loosely. you can always modify what they do and the DVD does a good job showing how to modify their moves. it will really show you how out of shape you are lol. youtube search p90x results. some people show some MAJOR transformations. and the cool thing is it's just people doing it on their own and are not affiliated with p90x.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

started p90 like everyone else, I was 258..... just after 3 weeks I was down to 232. I followed the meal plan but also kept myself satisfied. Everyone fails at "Diets" because they say, oh I can cheat this day or this meal, then they end up cheating 3 times a week and so on. So my goal was to not only eat healthy but watch my portion size. I ate semi healthy before ( im 6'2 so my weight is proportional) but I ate so much to get full. I cut my portions down and changed to more veggies and tried to follow the plan closely. The workout is no joke!!!! Be ready to sweat and work, but you have to be self motivated and know how far to push yourself. I told myself at the beginning of each video, its only about an hour, push hard for an hour and then I can rest!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:52 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

you can eat pretty much anything you want as long as you are concious of portion control. cutting back on beer was/is the hardest for me. i ate decent, but drank all of my calories.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
if you're not in "decent" shape p90x may not be for you. i use the term decent very loosely.
VERY VERY True!!!!! Its hard to imagine how in shape a person can be. During one the videos it is mentioned that they TRIED to higher profesionals to work out in the videos and could not find one that could finish the video. Thats when they changed their angle and highered people from the test groups to workout in the DVD's.

Originally Posted by lownslo
So my goal was to not only eat healthy but watch my portion size. I ate semi healthy before ( im 6'2 so my weight is proportional) but I ate so much to get full. I cut my portions down and changed to more veggies and tried to follow the plan closely. The workout is no joke!!!! Be ready to sweat and work, but you have to be self motivated and know how far to push yourself. I told myself at the beginning of each video, its only about an hour, push hard for an hour and then I can rest!
Portion size is SO important!!! Its amazing how we all get older and our plates get bigger and heavier.

I used to tell myself the same thing. Its only an hour......you can do this....its only an hour. You definatly find alot about what your body can handle during P90x.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did P90X for about 6 weeks, but had to stop when I messed up my knee jumping a fence in a foot pursuit. I was in semi decent shape when I started, but I lost 20lbs pretty quickly. I'm about to start it again, hopefully I can finish it this time, lol. They work, but it can be hard to stick with it.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 PM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

P90x is an *** kicker, im have 50 lbs since being discharged, got p90x and just did what i could without passing out no diet just exercise lost 18lbs in 3 weeks and quit, need to get back to it though.

Quick Reply: has anyone tried one of these get ripped programs