THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Hanging on by a thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 06:35 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really hope that you win the lottery Scooter!

LOL, I haven't thought of it that way Tom! Maybe I'll tell Rosie to "give daddy's cast some tattoos" I doubt that she'll draw skulls, spiders, pirates, etc. like I have under the cast though Wonder how I'lllook with flowers, fairies, and butterflies!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
LOL, yea, the truth is I was trying to beat off lefty and it went horribly wrong The doctor told me that this was a rare injury...people usually tear tendons in many other places of their arm, but hardly ever the bicep tendon...I like rare things but this is a little ridiculous
Damn sorry you had to try so hard to "Get-er' Dun". That's a damn shame. Guess you learned your lesson.

Feel better soon!!

Lisa
Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by mhotrodscooter
You taking the dash out with one arm, shows everyone that your not a quiter. So I hope everything heals up right & you get back too 100%.
Thanks for the kind words Scooter, it really means a lot to me

What was even more impressive IMO was the Friday morning after I got the cast installed Thursday afternoon...we woke up at 5:30 am to 6 inches of snow on the ground, and it was still coming down. So my mom and I were out there in the dark shoveling. It's a good thing that I have one of those "bent" shovels, so I was able to hold the shovel in the middle at the bend, and I used my arm/armpit area to steady the shovel as I used my right arm to basically push the snow as far as possible, and lifted and pivoted the shovel at the point where my right hand was...it was definitely challenging. Actually the most impressive part was that we got our walk, stairs, and sidewalk done, cleaned off the car, truck, and blazer, and Istill made it to work on time

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Damn sorry you had to try so hard to "Get-er' Dun". That's a damn shame. Guess you learned your lesson.

Feel better soon!!
LOL, thanks a lot Lisa Unfortunately, I never learn my lesson
Old 01-22-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Damn Billy, take it as easy as you can. Us old dogs don't heal as fast as these young guys. Hang in there man.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:54 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by Bigredmariner
Damn Billy, take it as easy as you can. Us old dogs don't heal as fast as these young guys. Hang in there man.
Thanks brother...I'm taking it pretty slow right now...speaking of slow, typing with one hand is definitely tedious. And speaking of old, I'll be turning 41 next weekend
Old 01-22-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

be happy ive been off work since nov 18th. i broke my arm/elbow pretty bad and still am in rehab trying to get my full range of motion back . no feeling in my pinky/ring finger for months to come.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Your going to have show us all the tattoos your daughter gives ya before ya get it taken off
Old 01-22-2011, 09:59 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
be happy ive been off work since nov 18th. i broke my arm/elbow pretty bad and still am in rehab trying to get my full range of motion back . no feeling in my pinky/ring finger for months to come.
Man that really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that...or did I already know that? Either way it sucks, sorry man I'm real happy that they caught it before it snapped completely, that would have been a whole different ball game.

Hey, you're going to get the feeling back in those fingers right?

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
Your going to have show us all the tattoos your daughter gives ya before ya get it taken off
Hey man that's a good idea
Old 01-22-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Thanks Tyler...4 weeks

BTW, in the first pic, that black line by my wrist on the cast was drawn on there by me with a Sharpie...it's for my daughter, so when she goes to "decorate" my cast, she can't draw below that line lol. It needs to look somewhat professional at work
Just be glad that you went to the doctor when you did.

Everyone get ready for a story.

My dad about 15 years ago thought he had tendonitis from coaching my brother and I in baseball. 13 years later, he's under a semi, trying to pop a u-joint bolt out to pull the drive-shaft to tow it, hears a loud pop and instantly loses all strenght in his arm. A year later, he finally goes to the doctor, they say he tore that tendon, and that he'll need surgery to fix it, he says he'll try to get along without surgery.

2 months ago he goes in for the surgery to fix it. It wasn't the tendon that ripped, his rotater cuff is completely destroyed on the front side of the shoulder, and it had folded over, causing the slack that they saw in the MRI of the tendon.

His "tendonitis" was minor tears in the rotater cuff, the pop that he heard was him shreading it, looking at the pictures from the surgery, it looks like the inside of cotton candy machine.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:21 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Just be glad that you went to the doctor when you did.

Everyone get ready for a story.

My dad about 15 years ago thought he had tendonitis from coaching my brother and I in baseball. 13 years later, he's under a semi, trying to pop a u-joint bolt out to pull the drive-shaft to tow it, hears a loud pop and instantly loses all strenght in his arm. A year later, he finally goes to the doctor, they say he tore that tendon, and that he'll need surgery to fix it, he says he'll try to get along without surgery.

2 months ago he goes in for the surgery to fix it. It wasn't the tendon that ripped, his rotater cuff is completely destroyed on the front side of the shoulder, and it had folded over, causing the slack that they saw in the MRI of the tendon.

His "tendonitis" was minor tears in the rotater cuff, the pop that he heard was him shreading it, looking at the pictures from the surgery, it looks like the inside of cotton candy machine.
Holy crap man that's hairy I feel sorry for your pop

Quick Reply: Hanging on by a thread...